Problem with Medium Season 1

Just got Medium Season 1 on DVD (the tv show) and found that nothing seems to be able to rip it, including Fab. It gets a little over halfway through the disk and just freezes.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi Melen and welcome.
Not familiar with Medium Season at all.
Which Fab app and version are you trying?
You might try RipIt4Me as an alternative to final versions 2.9.8.3 or either of the new beta releases…assuming those aren’t working for you.

Hi there,

Thanks for that, I’ll try RipIt4Me. I’ve tried the latest (2.9.8.5 beta 4 I believe it was) and still had the same problem. Very odd, wonder if this is something new.

Thanks again.

Sadly RipIt4Me didn’t work either (dvd decrypter eventually errors).

If you were using RipIt4me correctly, then you wouldn 't have any read errors in Decrypter…
Read the guide…

Hi melen,

Please try DVDFab Platinum 3 Beta to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=189311

If it also fail, please send us all the .IFO files on Original disc, then we will check the problem.

A recommended way is listed below:

1. Open an Explorer window, and navigate to VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
  2. Copy all files ending with .IFO to hard disk.
  3. ZIP the IFO files on hard disk to one file. Name it with a readable filename, like Stealth_UK.zip.
  4. Send the zip file to fengtao(at)dvdidle.com, you need replace (at) with @.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Hello,

I tried DVDFab Platinum 3 Beta and it came up with an error about not being able to read the entire disk. Looks like somewhere in the menu’s, if I had to guess.

I’m emailing the IFO’s in a minute. All ripping programs seems to get stuck about halfway through VTS_05_1.VOB.

Thank you for looking into this.

Hi Melen,

Thanks for sending the IFO files at first.

I have checked the IFO files, the VTS 5 doesn’t contain any protection, so I think the problems is caused by dirty/scratched disc. Maybe you can try the disc on another drive to see the result.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Hmm, I’ve tried multiple computers, with different drives, and all programs I have accessible and none can read this disk.

Is this some sort of more … “physical” protection or something possibly? The DVD plays just fine, all the way through, on my DVD player. This is very odd.