Problem with LTR40125s

Sorry for my english or spanglish.
I have a LITEON 40125s and when i try to burn a cd in 20x or more, the copy fail. I see the back of the copied cd and there is 1 cm. between the center of cd and the begin of the burning area. All is OK if i burn in 16x. The problem is with any burning software, alcohol, clone, nero… Thanks

the copy is like the picture:

What firmware version does your Lite-On LTR-40125S have? You can find out with Nero InfoTool, a free program you can get at www.cdspeed2000.com.

the firmware is ZS0P

the copy fail

Can you be more specific about what happens? Does the burn complete or stop at some point. Are there any error messages? do the buffers drop during the burn?
What media, exactly, are you using?

there are no problems in the burning process (errors, buffer,…). The cd´s are Platinum 52x. The only problem is that the copy not run in any the drive.

Try updating your firmware. If that doesn’t help, try another brand of discs.

Originally posted by CDRecorder
Try updating your firmware. If that doesn’t help, try another brand of discs.

And/or lower your burn speed. Posting an error scan would provide very helpful info.

Originally posted by mau2003
there are no problems in the burning process (errors, buffer,…). The cd´s are Platinum 52x. The only problem is that the copy not run in any the drive.

I think the media you try is the problem! My litey doesnt want to write/read the platinum cd’s and a lot of other drives don’t like them. The problem that occurs often is the “spinning” problem; you hear the drive spinning up but then spin downs again, over and over again. In other words: crappy media. Besides that; platinum ages like hell, you’re cd is uselless after one year.

mzzl

thanks for the posts, i will change the cds