Problem with LiteOn LH-20A1S... please help!

Hi everyone,

Bought the aforementioned model a couple of months ago. Happy with the speed when burning audio CDs for the car, but not happy with the playback results!

On every CD I burn, at least one, sometimes as many as 5 tracks will jump. Sometimes it makes the tracks completely unlistenable. I’ve no idea whether this is a problem with the LiteOn, the media I’m using (Sony CD-R), the fact that I’m on Vista x64 (long shot!), or the software I’m using (usually Nero).

If anyone could help me with this, it’d be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to CD Freaks. :flower:

What firmware is on your drive? At what speed are you writing the Sony CD-R?

LiteOn worked with some people on the forum to fix the CD writing problem with a firmware update, which is why I ask at what firmware version you are. Also, Sony CD-R isn’t bad, but it might not write the best in the LiteOn at many speeds.

P.S.: Please don’t crosspost. :cop: It is against forum rules, and it creates a bit of confusion. Thanks. :wink:

Sorry! Feel free to delete the other thread!

Just checked the firmware, and it’s 9L08. I’ve never had a problem with the Sony’s before, until I bought this drive.

Is this the latest firmware available for the LiteOn, or might there be another solution?

Thanks.

Other thread deleted :wink:

Ant84, take a look at this thread in our LiteOn forum for more info :slight_smile:

[quote=Arachne;2037414]Other thread deleted :wink:

[B]Ant84[/B], take a look at this thread in our LiteOn forum for more info :)[/quote]

Hey,

Thanks for pointing out the thread, but I’m not really sure what measures I should take to sort out the problem. Only one guy in the thread mentioned the 20A1S, and he didn’t get answered.

Do I need a different firmware?

Welcome to CDF!

Maybe it’s a long shot, but I’ve learned not to burn audio CD’s faster than 24x.