Problem with Liteon LH-20A1P..not recognising any media

Hi
Yesterday I installed my new Liteon LH-20A1P SuperAll write dvd writer in my pc.It burned two dvd’s fine but after burning third dvd successfully( Nero showed burn succesfull message) I reinserted the dvd to check if everything was burnt properly. ( Event viewer showed 10-20 errors with event id 7…The device, \Device\CdRom1, has a bad block.)

My explorer didnt recognise that DVD and showed no disk in drive. and subsequently for all dvd/cd’s inserted it showed the same thing…no disk in drive…Tried with nero cd-dvd speed …isobuster…but none of them was able to recognise the cd dvds…however same cd and dvd were detected by other cd dvd players…

I have liteon lh20a1p on seconday IDE channel as master and jumper setting to cable select…and secondary slave as philips combo drive with jumper setting as slave…

specs
P4 1.6GHz
i845 chipset mobo
40gb samsung + 160 gb maxtor hdd
Nvdia GeForce FX 5200 128 MB AGP
Firmware of liteon lh-20a1p is KLON

IDE cables:
80 pin cable on primari channel connectinh two hdd
40pin on secondary channel containing two optical drives…

Checked transfer mode in device manager…its DMA if available for both optical drives…

My pc is detecting the Liteon drive correctly…

I reinstalled the drive…reinstalled the secondary channel

Tried connecting it to primary slave for checking with 80pin IDE cable but still problem persists…

please help…

Okay first thing I would do is set the Liteon to Master from cable select and the
second thing is get a 40 pin (80 wire) cable for the Liteon. The newer Liteon’s do
require a 80 wire ATA100 -133 cable to allow them to operate correctly at full
speed of UDMA 4. :wink:

well actually I tried setting it to master from cable select via jumper setting…
And also tried connecting it to 40pin(80 wire) cable (to primary slave) but that also didnt help…

And ya goof up from my side its not 80pin cable but 40pin(80wire) cable

Also shouldnt drive atleast recognise media and display its content at basic PIO mode…via windows safe mode?..my drive is not doing that also…

Can you use the drive to boot from a bootable disc [e.g., Windows installation discs, hard drive installation software, etc.]?