Problem with Liteon 48125S

I have a Liteon 48125S CDRW and am attempting to copy Fifa 2003 disc 2 using CloneCD. It is protected with Safedisc 2.8 and my Liteon ius supposed to produce perfect copies.

However, I have tried the general game profile in CloneCD and the Safedisc (no AWS) profile from G@M3FR3@K’s post at http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread…&threadid=46470

Both profiles have produced non-working copies of Fifa 2003 disc 2. By that, I mean it installs perfectly, but when I try to play it it either performs an illegal operation and doesn’t play.

What shall I do? I tried using Alcohol 120% and BlindSuite but Alcohol 120% didn’t install and Blindwrite didn’t write properly. Discdump caused an error and didn’t read.

But my CDRW should be able to produce working copies of Safedisc protected CD’S (ie.Fifa 2003) shouldn’t it? What have I done wrong?

Also, I have noticed that I can play the game with a no-CD crack (using the backup CD’s to install the game) but can’t use the backup CD’s to actually play the game (illegal operation - as explained above)

SOMEONE HELP ME!!! (please :bow:)

Is this anything to do with this post? Have you stepped thru the FAQ and Down & Dirty sticky posts (linked in my signature)?

Nope…nothing to with that other post - I only bought my Liteon 48125S earlier today…I just can’t get it to copy Safedisc 2.8 protected games (in this case Fifa 2003) which was the actual reason why I bought it.

I’ve read the CloneCD - Down & Dirty but that hasn’t helped me really…all I want to do is copy Fifa 2003. I’ve read that BlindWrite works - I used this and it read fine, but when I tried writing it it didn’t work - there was some sort of error. I’ve tried the CloneCd profiles and they don’t work either. Am I doing something wrong with BlindSuite?

I’m stuck. :frowning:

Do you have the newest version of CloneCD, because I’m pretty sure with the new one the Lite Ons can copy Safedisc 2.8

Originally posted by om33
[B]Nope…nothing to with that other post - I only bought my Liteon 48125S earlier today…I just can’t get it to copy Safedisc 2.8 protected games (in this case Fifa 2003) which was the actual reason why I bought it.

I’ve read the CloneCD - Down & Dirty but that hasn’t helped me really…all I want to do is copy Fifa 2003. I’ve read that BlindWrite works - I used this and it read fine, but when I tried writing it it didn’t work - there was some sort of error. I’ve tried the CloneCd profiles and they don’t work either. Am I doing something wrong with BlindSuite?

I’m stuck. :frowning: [/B]
Only ASUS + CloneCD = SD2.8x and this with 4.0.1.9, then again, some say that FIFA2003 is SD2.7x and do-able. It can be done with Lite-On + Blindwrite or Alcohol and in a few weeks, I think, maybe less, with a new release of CloneCD.

I dont understand how the ASUS could do it and Lite-On’s can’t they both use the Mediatek chipset…

Originally posted by poopeyhed2
I dont understand how the ASUS could do it and Lite-On’s can’t …
…me neither…I just publish my results :eek:

Originally posted by om33
[B]I have a Liteon 48125S CDRW and am attempting to copy Fifa 2003 disc 2 using CloneCD. It is protected with Safedisc 2.8 and my Liteon ius supposed to produce perfect copies.

However, I have tried the general game profile in CloneCD and the Safedisc (no AWS) profile from G@M3FR3@K’s post at http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread…&threadid=46470

Both profiles have produced non-working copies of Fifa 2003 disc 2. By that, I mean it installs perfectly, but when I try to play it it either performs an illegal operation and doesn’t play.

What shall I do? I tried using Alcohol 120% and BlindSuite but Alcohol 120% didn’t install and Blindwrite didn’t write properly. Discdump caused an error and didn’t read.

But my CDRW should be able to produce working copies of Safedisc protected CD’S (ie.Fifa 2003) shouldn’t it? What have I done wrong?

Also, I have noticed that I can play the game with a no-CD crack (using the backup CD’s to install the game) but can’t use the backup CD’s to actually play the game (illegal operation - as explained above)

SOMEONE HELP ME!!! (please :bow:) [/B]

Originally posted by roder12345

I have the same burner and problem but solved it by using cdmate