Problem with Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-812S

vbimport

I just bought Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-812S last week and started burning some data discs. Unfortunately, so far I burned 8 DVD+R using Sonic software, but half of them had error while verifying (error saying data in the disc does not match the original data). I tried to use KProbe software to check for errors on any of the disc, but no error was shown. The only weird thing I saw was that there were two disc showing a bit wierd graphs. There were 2~3 lines on each graph reaching over 200, while most of the lines were around 20~40 (I actually don’t know what is the unit of it…). I am wondering if there is any problem with my DVDRW, or it’s a software’s problem. Can anyone help?

Those two graphs are from the 2 (of the 4 discs showing error while verifying) fan-sub anime disc I burn…

I am not sure why the Sonic verifying showing error while KProbe doesn’t. Should I go for Sonic’s or KProbe’s Result?

just try to copy all files back to hd and see if they are copied fine… your scans look fine…

Your problem is probably the media. RITEKR03 is very inconsistant media and it is not recommended to burn it at it’s rated speed of 8x. Try using 4x or 6x and see how it goes or try some media other than RITEKR03. Don’t buy cheap media.

BTW: To save and attach a KProbe scan:
After the scan is complete, click the small diskette button on the toolbar and at the save as dialog select a file type of .PNG. Attach the saved file to your post by using the “Manage Attachments” button in the “Go Advanced” post mode.

It seems that the files are reading alright. I am not sure why Sonic verifying showing errors, or maybe there is a glitch in the files which I wouldn’t notice? My cousin is using the same drive and same DVD+R as mine and he has no problem burning; thus, I am thinking whether or not it’s needed to exchange a new one from the store, and also make a post here to ask if anyone knows what should the problem be.