Problem with LG gsa-h58n - DMA2

vbimport

Hi, I’m new in this forum and i need help!:doh:

I have bought a new LG gsa h58n and it burns without problems DVD-RW (verbatim)

But it can’t burn DVD-R ( verbatim) and also +R ( gigatain)…I will explain the situation…

With DVD R, it seems to burn with succes, but at an incredible low rate (after 30 min only a 0.2% ando only few MB burned)…

Searching in this forum I have found this post:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/problem-my-lg-gsa-h55l-230861/

The situation is quite similar

in this post seems to come out a solution :

[QUOTE=fwan;1946974]I got LG GSA-H55L DVD writer and when I install it on secondary IDE as master by itself, Wxp DMA auto detect it as multiword DMA 2 mode. The LG DVD will not allow me to write to any DVD disc. (multiword DMA 2 mode is too slow for writing - I found it out below).
I have tried enable DMA66 in registry suggested by others but no effect.
I have tried remove MasterIDchecksum in registry suggested by others but no effect.
Then, I read a posting from user Oshirou at http://www.cdfreaks.com/ stating that he got his DVD working by putting DVD in primary IDE as slave (Hard drive with OS is the primary IDE master).
I give it a try, and it works immediately. Here is my setting:
HD(xp) Primary IDE master UDMA mode 5
LG DVD Primary IDE slave UDMA mode 4
The DVD can now write and read at 16X speed.
Conclusion: for some motherboard (VIA) and Wxp combination, do not install DVD(high speed device) in secondary IDE as master by itself.[/QUOTE]

i have tried, but no effect…

this is my setting:
HD(xp) Primary IDE master UDMA mode 2
LG DVD Primary IDE slave UDMA mode 2

UDMA2 why, i cant found a solution…

thanks for the future help, and apologize for my baaad english!

[QUOTE=lashan012;2107371]
this is my setting:
HD(xp) Primary IDE master UDMA mode 2
LG DVD Primary IDE slave UDMA mode 2

UDMA2 why, i cant found a solution…

thanks for the future help, and apologize for my baaad english![/QUOTE]

Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

Your HDD definitely shouldn’t be in UDMA mode 2, nevermind the LG.

It sounds like you are using a 40 wire IDE cable, and need to change that for an 80 wire one :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2107374]Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

Your HDD definitely shouldn’t be in UDMA mode 2, nevermind the LG.

It sounds like you are using a 40 wire IDE cable, and need to change that for an 80 wire one :)[/QUOTE]

I have a 80 wire one…so I really dont know the problem,

Check your bios settings.

[QUOTE=vroom;2107469]Check your bios settings.[/QUOTE]

I have tried, but the weird thing is that in my bios i cant found any DMA option…

Should have settings for IDE, usually you can manually set it or leave it in auto, read again the manual of your motherboard, it should be there.

[QUOTE=vroom;2107551]Should have settings for IDE, usually you can manually set it or leave it in auto, read again the manual of your motherboard, it should be there.[/QUOTE]

Nothing to do!

In my BIOS, i can only enable or disable de IDE port…mothing more…

Uninstall your IDE drives and use better ide cables.

already done!

Unistalle ide drivers and installed the last version, than changed the ide cable from channel 2 to channel 1 (they are 80 wire cable), but nothing to do…

now my friend is testing the DVD with his PC, I will post u the result as soon as possible, maybe the drive is broken.

ok, in my friend’s PC it works…now i have a problem XD