Problem with LG GSA-H22N

vbimport

hi for starters, im pretty new here (ok im registered for some time but this is my first post)

ok, got this one some time ago when my old drive died
yesterday i wanted to burn some dvd’s, everything ok so far

i had intenso discs 1-4x, no problem with them
today i got some 16x discs from phillips -.- (didnt buy them myself sigh )

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:INFOME-R30-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
Manufacturer Name : [Infomedia Inc.]
Manufacturer ID : [INFOME]
Media Type ID : [R30]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]

so here it says 1-16 (as on the discs itself) problem now is that nero ( i got the latest nero 6.x reloaded, dun really like nero 7) and latest alcohol 120%
they wont burn any faster then 4x(and i cant choose anything higher or lower then 4x at write speed selection) with thoose, so i looked at the firmware( its the 1.01 Dated 06-09-21), and there only are the R20 from Infomedia listed…dunno what to do now maybe somebody can help me?^^

OS is WinXP SP 2 if that matters

thx in advance

4x probably means it doesn’t have a write strategy for that MID.

I had the exact same problem burning certain DVD’s with the same burner…

Somehow, I manged to bypass it by doing the following:

1. Load up Alcohol 120% and burn an image.
    –> You can always .rar up a file then rename it .iso
  2. It will load up the file naming, speed you want to burn it at etc. etc. It won’t show 16x at first here, but it will show something higher than 4x.
  3. Close Alcohol 120% and load up the Nero 6.x reloaded (I use the Nero Ultra Edition). Use the Nero Express version for simplicity
  4. Burn your file with Nero Express! You should be able to select 16x.

I don’t know why, but I need to do this before I burn any DVD I want with the H22N. CD’s however don’t have this problem…I guess we’ll have to wait for the newer firmware to come out.

mhm ill try other media today, looking if i can get some taiyo yuden and such

noticed another thing, the drive takes pretty long on dvd’s to spin them up/read them so i can acess them, sometimes up to/over 1minute and its somehow pretty “slow”, takes like 5-10 seconds to switch folder and such

the gsa-h22n is on ide connection together with an wd 250gb hdd, mobo is (on the comp with the h22n) via chipset (kt 600) dunno if theres anyprobs with that

maybe i try switching the ide cable or try to use the h22n on the ide controller card instead of using it on the mobo ide connectors…

thx for your help so far, and sry for my maybe bad english…didnt sleep yet (32 hours and counting, somehow i cant sleep v.v)

Sounds like my problem with the CMC MAG M01 media I have with the GSA-H31L.