Problem with LG DVD burner

I have been using a LG DVD writer since the last 2 n 1/2 yrs. Until recently it has functioned well. Since last week it is taking too much time to burn. For example video files of around 4.36 GB it used to take 15 - 17 mins to burn. Now it’s taking more than an hour. I waited till 100% task was done. I mounted the dics again and it could recognize the files okay. But when I played the files they did not play in normal speed. The image stopped and played. The sound too has a trail effect. I have tried to clean the lens with a DVD lens cleaner. What should I do? Plz help!

Check your DMA settings.

[QUOTE=lean;2290327]I have been using a LG DVD writer since the last 2 n 1/2 yrs. Until recently it has functioned well. Since last week it is taking too much time to burn. For example video files of around 4.36 GB it used to take 15 - 17 mins to burn. Now it’s taking more than an hour. I waited till 100% task was done. I mounted the dics again and it could recognize the files okay. But when I played the files they did not play in normal speed. The image stopped and played. The sound too has a trail effect. I have tried to clean the lens with a DVD lens cleaner. What should I do? Plz help![/QUOTE]

The burntime also mainly depends on the media used.

Which one have you used?