Problem with John Carter

vbimport

#1

I can’t rip this movie again right now because I loaned my DVD to my brother . It will probably be a couple of weeks before I get it back.

I did a “Full Disc” rip to my Hard drive . It plays fine but I was doing something with DVDFlick & decided to use this movie to test with.
In doing that I got errors so I decided to check what I think is the cause .

On my copy the VTS_06_4.VOB shows 25h 48mn play time in MediaInfo .
VTS_06_7.VOB shows 25h 33mn play time in MediaInfo .
The other .VOBs are correct & show minutes & seconds .

I also did a “Main Movie” rip .
On my copy the VTS_01_3.VOB shows 25h 52mn play time in MediaInfo .
VTS_01_6.VOB shows 25h 32mn play time in MediaInfo .
The other .VOBs are correct & show minutes & seconds .
If anyone has this ripped to hard drive or burned to a DVD would you mind checking to see if you have the same results ?


#2

I’ll look when I get home tonight


#3

Thanks bean55 I appreciate it.


#4

Hmm… That’s an odd one as it’s been out for a while and the only difficulties I’ve seen reported are with the Blu-ray.

Have you tried changing the PathPlayer settings between ‘Enable PathPlayer when necessary’ and ‘Always enable PathPlayer’?

[B]Wombler[/B]


#5

[QUOTE=Wombler;2642448]Hmm… That’s an odd one as it’s been out for a while and the only difficulties I’ve seen reported are with the Blu-ray.

Have you tried changing the PathPlayer settings between ‘Enable PathPlayer when necessary’ and ‘Always enable PathPlayer’?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
I don’t know that it would cause a problem if I hadn’t tried to convert with DVDFlick . It would have just went unnoticed.

I haven’t tried changing PathPlayer. I usually just leave it on “'Enable PathPlayer when necessary” . I will try form the hdd for now & see what happens. I will try with the DVD in a few weeks.


#6

cholla

Mine reads 24Mn 29 sec on the VTS_06_4 full disc on HDD
I do not have the VTS_06_7 the 06 only went up to 4


#7

I know the Blu-ray has extensive fake titlesets of similar lengths so it’s likely that the DVD also has heavy structural protection with many fake titles and it’s possible that there are still remnants of the copy protection left.

Try opening it in PgcEdit and doing a ‘Remove useless stuff’ sweep followed by FixVTS and see what’s left.

[B]Wombler[/B]


#8

Thanks for the help .
The problem turned out to be MediaInfo. I DLed & installed the latest version & it read in minutes & seconds the same files that showed hours with the old version.


#9

cholla Glad that you got that sorted out.


#10

[QUOTE=cholla;2642628]Thanks for the help .
The problem turned out to be MediaInfo. I DLed & installed the latest version & it read in minutes & seconds the same files that showed hours with the old version.[/QUOTE]

That’s good to hear cholla.

As I say I haven’t heard of any problems with this disc and if it had been DVDFab related I’d have expected to have heard other reports before now.

That makes sense that it was MediaInfo and not DVDFab. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]