Problem with intervideo dvd copy

i downloaded the trial version of this program, on the website it says that it can copy a 9.4 gb dvd to a 4.7 without loss of quality or content so i was hoping to try that. check it out anyways i chose the source dvd rom and output on my d drive, it seems to cpoy everything fine but immediately after it finishes burning, the files get deleted! anyone know what the problem could be?

You have the “Delete files after burning option” checked?

it doesnt have many options that you can play with, i tried looking for something like that becaus it seemed most logical but i couldnt figure it out

OK. If ChickenMan knows this product then he will answer. Unfortunately, I don’t use it but developers sometimes hide options in the strangest places.

Originally posted by mea20
i downloaded the trial version of this program, on the website it says that it can copy a 9.4 gb dvd to a 4.7 without loss of quality or content so i was hoping to try that. check it out anyways i chose the source dvd rom and output on my d drive, it seems to cpoy everything fine but immediately after it finishes burning, the files get deleted! anyone know what the problem could be?

ive had this prob it was because dvdcopy was savin my movie to the same folder as the temp files so when it deleted the temp file it also deleted the movie .

I am currently evaluating the trial version of Intervideo DVDCopy
(1.2b001.16c00)

On their website it says that it can copy a 9.4 gb dvd to a 4.7 without
loss of quality or content so i was hoping to try that.

Anyways I chose the source dvd rom and output on my “e:” disk drive,
it seems to copy everything fine but immediately after it finishes
copying, the files get deleted!

By the way, my “temp files folder” (c: emp) is different from my
output forder (e:\videos)

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thank you!

im not sure on that program but i can tell you theres no way to compress a dvd9 to a dvd5 without some loss of quality…if they state that then they are lying.

HELLO… We already know that. If you read his questions correctly, it’s about the files being deleted as soon as it’s done. I understand your question because it has happened to me too. I don’t know why it does it. For those of you who don’t understand the original question I’ll repeat it. You select the source of the DVD to transcode, and then you select a destination (hard drive). It then goes through the process, it looks like it working great, you can even have the window opened of its destination and see that files are actually being created. But at the point of finishing all the files just vanish, for no apparent reason!?! What is the point of all that transcoding time if you can’t burn your finished work to a dvdr? Interesting

Any feedback from experienced users would be appreciated

Sorry, I’ve only just seen this and Jamos’s reply was valid even if he couldn’t help at that point.

I’m going to search for <“files” AND “deleted”>, I recommend you guys do the same because there was a problem like this, asked and answered, not long ago …

Edit:

Does this help?

I get the question remains when un-answered because the temp directory is different than the destination directory. In fact its going to two different drives. Though there is no reason why should erase the destination directory.

Has anybody tried working with this successfully?

This behaviour is deliberately configured by Intervideo. This program only allows you to burn the dvd or save to the hdd as an avi file. The program deliberately does not allow you to save the audio and video_ts folders and vobs etc to the hard drive. It will only let you burn them to a DVD. Probably some sort of legal consideration regarding copyright or something I assume.

Alas! An answer that makes sense.
That’s too bad though, at least for intervideo, this will discourage people from even trying it or like me, give up trying. All this amounts to is lost of sales on a maybe good product. We will never know? I was interested in the quality & how accurate its final size prediction would without burning a dvd-r to find out.
Has anyone tried this? Anyone recommend this program?

you know what the worst thing about this program is, it claims to copy a “9.4gb dvd to a 4.7 without any loss of quality or content” and they just straight up lie. i wasnt surprised after i tested a burned copy with the original but i was dissapointed. whats the point of lying if were just gonna find out anyways

threads merged :stuck_out_tongue:

I have used InterVideo’s DVDCopy Platinum more to convert to VCD rather than to make a DVD. In this function is does as well as any other DVD to VCD program. It is faily quick on the conversion and will save the files to the HD. The program is unable to work with encrypted movies. They need to be ripped first. I have found DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink to be reliable for my needs and these are the programs I use on a regular basis. Occasionally I will use DVD Copy for the work depending on the results I am after. I will test the program tonight to save to the HD.

The deletion of the files is to be prevented simply. Simply changing the grip right of the target file (NTFS is needed).
Simply to tune that to draw up the current user indeed files, however, not may extinguish.

I’m not understanding your english grammer correctly. Would you please try to explain again. thanks

Wurstkopf means that you can change NTFS File Permissions to enable you to stop the files in the target folder being deleted. You obviously need your HDD to be formatted as NTFS for this to work. Another way around this file deletion problem is to install Executive Software Undelete.

http://www.executive.com/undelete/undelete.asp

This software recovers the deleted files from your target folder PERFECTLY with absolutely no errors.

I have burnt a DVD using this undelete method and it plays just fine.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Joe.:slight_smile:

rip the dvd to the hdd first (with dvd decryptor), then do a hdd to hdd transcode

works everytime for me

Hope this helps, found it at doom9.

dvd copy
After transcoding your dvd to HD intervideo dvd copy is going to parse the files (takes about 4 minutes)in those 4 minutes you select all files and make them read only. when dvdcopy is done the files are not gone.

Also found this:

Perfect DVD9 to DVD5 Copys ???

Dvd.box.sk is making a series of tests/reviews to find the best tool for backing-up DVD9’s. So far they reached the best results with Intervideo DVDCopy v1.2. They managed to make a copy of Matrix (PAL) with almost no loss in quality, quite impressive.

Read the Intervideo DVDCopy 1.2 Quality http://dvd.box.sk/articles7.php
Go here to see more transcoder tests with different software: http://dvd.box.sk/index.php?pid=home&prj=main