Problem with HITACHI's DVD-RW

Hi Guys,
im having a problem with my HITACHI’s DVD-RW Model : HDT725025VLA380
i have a Gigabyte 965-DQ6 motherboard, 2 HITACHI’s DVD-RW from the same model, both are connected via IDE, and my OS is XP Pro SP2.

My system does not recognize both of the HITACHI’s DVD-RW as a “DVD\CD- ROM” Drives in the Computer Manegment, both are listed under “Disk Drives”.
in the “DVD\CD- ROM” thread i have: Optiarc DVD RW AD-5170A SCSI CdRom Device for some unknown reason, i got the same model in my Bios settings, How can i get this fixed???

PLLLLS help

THX!!!

[QUOTE=fairyscorp;1948151]Hi Guys,
im having a problem with my HITACHI’s DVD-RW Model : HDT725025VLA380
i have a Gigabyte 965-DQ6 motherboard, 2 HITACHI’s DVD-RW from the same model, both are connected via IDE, and my OS is XP Pro SP2.

My system does not recognize both of the HITACHI’s DVD-RW as a “DVD\CD- ROM” Drives in the Computer Manegment, both are listed under “Disk Drives”.
in the “DVD\CD- ROM” thread i have: Optiarc DVD RW AD-5170A SCSI CdRom Device for some unknown reason, i got the same model in my Bios settings, How can i get this fixed???

PLLLLS help

THX!!![/QUOTE]

I doubt that this HITACHI or both are dvd drives even burners!
Sounds like HARDDISKs to me.

The Optiarc is the dvd burner.

Just run Nero Infotool and you will see the info about your drives.

[QUOTE=chef;1948184]I doubt that this HITACHI or both are dvd drives even burners!
Sounds like HARDDISKs to me.

The Optiarc is the dvd burner.

Just run Nero Infotool and you will see the info about your drives.[/QUOTE]

The Hitachi is a DeskStar HDD AFAIK, I have one myself in my other PC. Good advice. :slight_smile:

OK, now that we know that the OPTIARC DVD-RW are the right ones…
i’m trting to upgrade my DVD-RW firmware and it’s failing everytime…
tried it on SAFE MODE and disconnected the slave drive, and still, it does not work…

can i get some help?
my DVD-RW model is :AD-5170A and my f\w version is 1.11

THX

Look into the NEC section please.