Problem with High School Musical 2

vbimport

I’m trying to back up my daughter’s High School Musical 2 DVD, because my kids are MURDER on their discs.

When I try to open the Video TS folder using CloneDVD2, I get the following:

/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO: unable to open file

Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Please be sure that all files are available and try again

The disc is in pristine condition (for the time being)

Could some sort of new copy protection be causing this?

I already tried reinstalling AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 to no avail.

Thanks!
Cam

Just read the stickied thread.

Additional info:
Disc: High School Musical 2 Extended Edition, region 1, USA, Stock #55041, release date 11 December 2007
Optical Reader: Lite-On LH-20A1S, firmware version 9L08 (most current version available per Lite-On’s website)

I’m experiencing the above problem using AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 official release and 6.3.1.6 Beta.

For ripping/burning I’m using CloneDVD2 2.9.1.5 final.

My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium with all the latest patches/updates.

[QUOTE=CameronW;2013112]Just read the stickied thread.

Additional info:
Disc: High School Musical 2 Extended Edition, region 1, Stock #55041
Optical Reader: Lite-On LH-20A1S, firmware version 9L08 (most current version available per Lite-On’s website)

I’m experiencing the above problem using AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 official release and 6.3.1.6 Beta.

For ripping/burning I’m using CloneDVD2 2.9.1.5 offical release.[/QUOTE]

Do you also use [U]Windows Vista[/U]?

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2013119]Do you also use [U]Windows Vista[/U]?[/QUOTE]

I must have been editing while you were replying. I sure do.

[QUOTE=CameronW;2013112]Just read the stickied thread.

Additional info:
Disc: High School Musical 2 Extended Edition, region 1, USA, Stock #55041, release date 11 December 2007

For ripping/burning I’m using CloneDVD2 2.9.1.5 final.

My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium with all the latest patches/updates.[/QUOTE]

You need SP1 for Vista. I provided the download for it on slysoft’s forum.

Read post # 3 & 4

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=12975

[QUOTE=CameronW;2013123]I must have been editing while you were replying. I sure do.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately due to a UDF bug with [U]Windows Vista[/U] combined with how [U]CloneDVD[/U] and the built-in [U]AnyDVD ripper[/U] in [U]AnyDVD[/U] that cause this problem.

The following movies are impacted: [U]Gone Baby Gone[/U] (R1), [U]High School Musical 2[/U] (R1) and [U]Disney Twitches Too[/U] (R1). There may be others, as well.

Right now you can do the following in order to make a backup:

B[/B] Updating your OS to [U]Windows Vista[/U] SP1
B[/B] Use a system running [U]Windows XP[/U] to backup the disc since the UDF only impacts [U]Windows Vista[/U] and it’s [U]Microsoft’s[/U] fault.
B[/B] Using a third-party program like [U]DVD Shrink[/U] or [U]Nero Recode[/U] in conjunction with [U]AnyDVD[/U] running in the background. This last option is not guaranteed to work on discs with lots of structural protection.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2013133]You need SP1 for Vista. I provided the download for it on slysoft’s forum.

Read post # 3 & 4

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=12975[/QUOTE]
Trying to do it now. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I was able to install Vista SP1 using the directions provided, and that did indeed solve my issue. Thank you very much for your help!

I know it’s kind of annoying when people post to ask questions that have already been addressed, but FWIW I used the search function before I posted, and it didn’t turn up anything useful searching for “High School Musical 2” for some reason. It never occurred to me that this could be a Vista problem!

Anyhow, thanks again for the help. You guys rock. :slight_smile:

Cam

It’s not posted here but on slysoft’s forum. Anyhow glad to hear.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2013693]It’s not posted here but on slysoft’s forum. Anyhow glad to hear.[/QUOTE]

Ah, good point. :iagree:

[QUOTE=CameronW;2013690]I was able to install Vista SP1 using the directions provided, and that did indeed solve my issue. Thank you very much for your help!

I know it’s kind of annoying when people post to ask questions that have already been addressed, but FWIW I used the search function before I posted, and it didn’t turn up anything useful searching for “High School Musical 2” for some reason. It never occurred to me that this could be a Vista problem!

Anyhow, thanks again for the help. You guys rock. :slight_smile:

Cam[/QUOTE]

I’m glad to hear that you got the problem sorted out. :slight_smile:

The 2 Ds to the rescue :clap:
Great work