Problem with GSA-4166B

vbimport

Just received my LG GSA-4166B and I am trying to burn a DVD of some shows I captured from my DVR.

I edited the project in Adobe Premiere and saved it to disk. I am now trying to burn it to DVD. I am using Roxio’s Disc Copier (From Roxio’s Creator 8 Suite) for the burning. The burn process starts out fine but about 1/2 way through the progress meter quickly runs up to 100%, I click OK and get the following error message:

“UNSPECIFIED ERROR [0x4]”

Ok, so I then save my project as a disc image. When I try burning the disc image to the DVD, I get this error during the burn process:

“END OF USER AREA ENCOUNTERED ON THIS TRACK - ILLEGAL REQUEST [05/63/00]”

Here’s the details of the error:

Thinking it was possibly a DL issue, I burned 5.3gb worth of data as a test and that worked fine.

Media: Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5gb
Drive Firmware: 1.02
IDE Driver: 5.1.2600.2180

Does anyone have any possible solutions for me? Is it possible I have a bad drive?

I’m up to 4 coasters :sad:

Thank you.

Update that Roxio software.

It is updated to the latest version.

It can’t be the drive. If the drive is faulty, then burning that 5.3GB of data onto a DL disc should not have worked. The burning process for data and video is the same - the drive can’t tell the difference in what it is told to burn.

I’m not familiar with Roxio’s software but when you saved the project as a disc image, what format is it in? ISO? If you can save the disc image as an ISO, try using ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com, freeware) to burn the thing and see if it will work. That is considered about the best piece of software to use for burning DL discs at the moment.