Problem with GMA 4082N

I just bought this machine for work and am trying to burn a DVD +R DL. I am using Memorex DVD +R DL media in Nero and every time I put the media into the machine the drive recognizes it as CD-R not DVD+R DL. Now my question is, is this a problem with the media I bought? Is it a problem with Nero? Or is it a problem with my drive - and if so, how would anyone here recommend alleviating the issue? I have been searching for Firmware updates but haven’t had luck. I have also searched the forum for similar problems and have had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Basically there are two problems: nero is not the best to burn DL discs, and memorex are among the worst DL discs available.

To be sure that your drive recognize correctly discs, you can do a simple test: run cd-dvd speed and insert a DL disc on the drive, then select the “disc info” tab. If you can read here correct information on the disc, then the drive is working correctly.

Also a firmware update can be a good idea.

Well thank you! I appreciate your help. I knew Memorex DL’s were bad, but they were all that was left, I will try some new media and try your suggestion. Thanks for your help!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I forgot to mention that imgburn is the very best software for DL discs :iagree:

Maybe I’m just having a bad day and have missed something, but surely a GMA 4082N doesn’t do DL however good the media is?
http://www.lge.com/products/model/detail/gma-4082n.jhtml
Compatible Formats Write DVD-RAM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW CD-R/RW

Yes, you must be having a bad day, while there are several OEM varients which support subsets of the overall functionality, the drive is capable of both DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL.

And again depending on the firmware, the 4080N series is capable of DVD+R DL

Brother Vlad