Problem with firmware download SH-S203D

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S203D. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]hi, this is my first time in the forum. I write because I´ve got a problem with my writer (SH-S203D).

A few hours ago, i wanted to upgrade It´s firmware, and downloaded TSDNWIN from www.samsungodd.com, I had SB01 and I tried to upgrade it to SB02.

The problem began when TSDNWIN tried to download the firmware. a window with the message “download failed! please restart windows” appeared and then the firmware changed to BOOT, and I wasn´t able to even open the writer (the LED is always on).

I read a problem where another member had the same problem, but he was able to download the firmware. I know what I must do, but my problem is that TSDNWIN just can´t download the firmware. it always shows that window, I got stuck withthe BOOT firmware , and I can´t open the writer.

Please answer me as fast as you can, because I use the writer everyday for burning CD´s.

Hi and Welcome!

could you please tell us, what Sata controller is used, how it is configured and what drivers are used for that controller.

Another question: have you used the official “all-in-one” package with firmware and flasher, or did you get both separately (and possibly a corrupt or different firmware file)?

In case, you have the correct firmware file as .bin, you may try the DOS flasher TSDNDOS running off a bootable USB stick. Make sure, your Sata controller is set to IDE.

Michael

yes, it´s IDE. i got the all-in-one package, but later I extracted it and tried with another .bin files. the main problem is the download of the firmware. it still fails. i´ll now try the TSDNDOS

[QUOTE=.::freaky::.;2301668]yes, it´s IDE. (…) the main problem is the download of the firmware. it still fails. [/quote]There are some Sata controllers and motherboard chipsets that don’t support optical drives properly. That’s why I asked for details.

i´ll now try the TSDNDOS
You need to run it off a bootable USB stick with some DOS on it.

Michael

thanks for your answer

let´s see: how can I know the configuration of the SATA controller?

I can´t use the DOS flasher because I have a windows XP (maybe with DosBox?)

but the main problem is, the flasher can´t download the file (and I don´t even see my modem working/recieving data) can be a modem´s problem?

Hi,[QUOTE=.::freaky::.;2301674]
let´s see: how can I know the configuration of the SATA controller?[/quote]This is a setting in your Bios. Consult your motherboard manual.

I can´t use the DOS flasher because I have a windows XP (maybe with DosBox?)
Please re-read my previous replies in this thread.

but the main problem is, the flasher can´t download the file (and I don´t even see my modem working/recieving data) can be a modem´s problem?
“Download” is the word used in Samsung flasher for loading the firmware onto the drive.

We have a couple of useful “Read First” articles - you might have a look there:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/howto-flash-firmware-samsung-dvd-writer-231217/
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/mini-faq-samsung-dvd-writers-220607/

Michael