Problem with DVDFab Platinum

I am trying to create a backup copy of my personal discs of Adam-12, using DVD Fab Platinum, but on all sides it gives me an error reading disc when it gets to approximately VOB_01_05. Any ideas as to what is going on? The set is issued under Universal, and I did not hear of any new macrovision released by them. :confused:

Check condition of disks… are they new ,old,scratched? can you play on PC? what drive?..

Hi chazlee and welcome to cdfreaks.
By “all sides” do you mean every disc fails to rip?
If after following t0nee1’s advice and cleaning the discs, they still fail,
I would send to .IFO files to Fengtao to check. He’ll be able to determine if it’s a failure due to copy protection.
Here’s how:

1. Open an Explorer window, and navigate to VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
  2. Copy all files ending with .IFO to hard disk.
  3. ZIP the IFO files on hard disk to one file. Name it with a readable filename, like [B]To Have and Have Not_R1.zip[/B].
  4. Send the zip file to fengtao(at)dvdidle.com, you need replace (at) with @.

I took a look online at the box set of season 1 of Adam 12. They were released in Aug. '05, so new copy protection is unlikely, but I’m not sure this is the same set?

Thanx, MaineMan…They just started selling them here, as far as I know. I just finished zipping up the .ifo files and will send them to him. It’s just strange that all the discs in the set on both sides stop reading at about the halfway point, and usually around the vob_01_5 area.