Problem with DVDFab 7

vbimport

I hadn’t tried any betas since using 6.2.1.8 (which works flawlessly), so I decided to give the new 7 a try. It’s useless to me.

The program loads fine, but it doesn’t seem to see any data on the movie I put in. It shows the name of the film, but doesn’t recognize anything on the disk. In the Main Movie and Customize mode, no titles are shown (and since there’s nothing to copy, the ‘start’ button isn’t active. The preview panel doesn’t start, either. In the Full Disk mode, nothing happens when the ‘start’ button is clicked.

Solutions or suggestions greatly appreciated.

[XP Professional SP2, Pentium4]

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2500535]I hadn’t tried any betas since using 6.2.1.8 (which works flawlessly), so I decided to give the new 7 a try. It’s useless to me.

The program loads fine, but it doesn’t seem to see any data on the movie I put in. It shows the name of the film, but doesn’t recognize anything on the disk. In the [I]Main Movie[/I] and [I]Customize[/I] mode, no titles are shown (and since there’s nothing to copy, the ‘start’ button isn’t active. The preview panel doesn’t start, either. In the [I]Full Disk[/I] mode, nothing happens when the ‘start’ button is clicked.

Solutions or suggestions greatly appreciated.

[XP Professional SP2, Pentium4][/QUOTE]

Hi joelrosado

When you installed v7 it installs in ti’s own folder thus you have v6 and v7 on your system, what happens if you try using v6 on this problematic DVD or is this issue happening with all DVD ?

Aloha Stormjumper,

Been a while. I read the forum regularly, but don’t post unless I can help someone or have a question.

DVDFab 6 works fine. Both are in separate folders.

The problem with DVDFab 7 is with [I]all[/I] disks. I tried quite a few.

I also installed the 7 beta on my laptop and the same thing happened.

I couldn’t get 6.0.4.0 to archive[I] Up in the Air[/I], so I tried the new 7 beta. After it didn’t display any contents (it was like there was nothing to copy), I was able to get it done on 6.2.1.8.

The 7 beta reads the name of the disk, goes through the usual disk analysis, but shows nothing in the panel that displays the contents.

joro

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2500615]Aloha Stormjumper,

Been a while. I read the forum regularly, but don’t post unless I can help someone or have a question.

DVDFab 6 works fine. Both are in separate folders.

The problem with DVDFab 7 is with [I]all[/I] disks. I tried quite a few.

I also installed the 7 beta on my laptop and the same thing happened.

I couldn’t get 6.0.4.0 to archive[I] Up in the Air[/I], so I tried the new 7 beta. After it didn’t display any contents (it was like there was nothing to copy), I was able to get it done on 6.2.1.8.

The 7 beta reads the name of the disk, goes through the usual disk analysis, but shows nothing in the panel that displays the contents.

joro[/QUOTE]

Hi joro

DVDFab has been known not to install properly from time to time, I suggest you use the guide below in my signature “Clean uninstall of DVDFab” and then re-install DVDFab 7 and make sure you download a new install package…[B]Don’t[/B] use the one you already have it may be the installer you have now got corrupt during the download.

Thanks - I followed your suggestion but had no luck.

I already had your Clean Uninstall downloaded, so I went ahead and followed the steps. Exactly.

Then I downloaded 7.0.1.0 beta and installed it. Same problem.

I also did the same on my laptop (different version of Windows, much less stuff at startup) and the problem is the same on that machine.

The disk goes through the analysis (with the moving bars) and while doing that, the name of the movie (disk label) displayed.
But when it finishes the analysis, nothing is there and the source bar does not show the DVD burner or anything else. It says to insert a DVD. When selecting another source, the burner/drive doesn’t show up.

When I went into the Info section in the config tools, it said the drive was empty. But is wasn’t.

It seems this 7 beta of DVDFab has a major bug with XP. After analysis it no longer sees the drive.

The same thing happens with the laptop, too…

The last version 6 works perfectly on both machines.

I think Fengtao needs to be aware of this.

I’ll wait, monitor the Forum, and see what develops.

joro

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2500690]Thanks - I followed your suggestion but had no luck.

I already had your Clean Uninstall downloaded, so I went ahead and followed the steps. Exactly.

Then I downloaded 7.0.1.0 beta and installed it. Same problem.

I also did the same on my laptop (different version of Windows, much less stuff at startup) and the problem is the same on that machine.

The disk goes through the analysis (with the moving bars) and while doing that, the name of the movie (disk label) displayed.
But when it finishes the analysis, nothing is there and the source bar does not show the DVD burner or anything else. It says to insert a DVD. When selecting another source, the burner/drive doesn’t show up.

When I went into the Info section in the config tools, it said the drive was empty. But is wasn’t.

It seems this 7 beta of DVDFab has a major bug with XP. After analysis it no longer sees the drive.

The same thing happens with the laptop, too…

The last version 6 works perfectly on both machines.

I think Fengtao needs to be aware of this.

I’ll wait, monitor the Forum, and see what develops.

joro[/QUOTE]
I have it installed on both my XP and Windows 7 and have issues, also v7 has been out for a while and your the first member/user that has reported this problem …

Have you gone into common settings-> “Read” to ensure the I/O mode has the correct settings ?

I’m having the same problem as well. There is something wrong with the driver in v 7. The last v 6 beta had a similar problem. I think it’s an ASPI vs SPTI problem of some kind. We’ll have to wait on Fengtao to sort things out.

[QUOTE=Senor Bag;2500709]I’m having the same problem as well. There is something wrong with the driver in v 7. The last v 6 beta had a similar problem. We’ll have to wait on Fengtao to sort things out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting us know I wasn’t alone. When you’re the only one reporting a bug, the assumption is that it’s of your own making. Interesting that it’s getting revealed so long after it came out.

I hadn’t tried any betas after 6.2.1.8; but you found that the problem started before 7 came out. I downloaded and tried the last 6 beta to see if it gives me the same problem, too. It did.

[QUOTE=Senor Bag;2500709]I’m having the same problem as well. There is something wrong with the driver in v 7. The last v 6 beta had a similar problem. I think it’s an ASPI vs SPTI problem of some kind. We’ll have to wait on Fengtao to sort things out.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the pcouffin driver :confused:
if so have you tried uninstalling v7 and then during the new install you can choose not to install the VSO software(pcouffin driver) ?..you can then use the driver from v6 :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2500807]Are you talking about the pcouffin driver :confused:
if so have you tried uninstalling v7 and then during the new install you can choose not to install the VSO software(pcouffin driver) ?..you can then use the driver from v6 :)[/QUOTE]

I tried that and it still didn’t work. When I insert a DVD, the drive starts to read it, and then stops. Same thing happens in Beta 6.2.2.0. The software is not communicating properly with the drive(s) to read a DVD.

Version 6.2.1.8 works flawlessly. Something was changed in Beta 6.2.2.0. I am confident Fengtao will find the problem. :bigsmile:

I’m having the same problem as well .Vers.7 will read the disc but it does’nt show up as source disk blank…mt…tried uninstall/reinstall same thing…No biggy thought ver 6 still works…Jim

I wrote to Fengtao when this problem was discovered.

Sadly, the new beta - 7.0.2.5 (March 20) - did not fix this problem.

Hi this is my first posting. I have been using DVD Fab Platnum regularly for a couple of years now without any problems. I just wanted to say that after first installing Ver. 7.0.1.0. about 3 weeks ago it worked for a couple of discs. But now it won’t recognize either home-recorded or store-bought discs. It starts to read the disc then stops halfway. When I check “common Settings”, “info” it reads “Disc is not opened”. I am using XP Home, SP3, IE7.

Same here “Disc not opened” Hope to get a fix soon

[QUOTE=Elwash;2503205]Same here “Disc not opened” Hope to get a fix soon[/QUOTE]

Fortunately…DVDFab 6 still does the job nicely!

Beta 7.0.2.6, just out, fixed the problem. Fengtao, as usual, comes through. Very much appreciated.

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2503681]Beta 7.0.2.6, just out, fixed the problem. Fengtao, as usual, comes through. Very much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Thats great my friend :clap:

Downloaded DVDFab7 v 7.0.2.6 today. Seems to have fixed the problem. Kudos to Fandango…thanx!:bow: