Problem with DVD2One: filesizes

vbimport

Hello all,

I did use the search, but couldn’t find a similar problem. If there is please don’t slap me silly. :rolleyes:

After I finish ripping the DVD with Smartripper (rip-method: movie) and I start DVD2ONE to process the files, DVD2ONE starts, get’s down to it for a couple of minutes (say 5), spits out:

VIDEO_TS.BUP (6 KB)
VIDEO_TS.IFO (6 KB)
VTS_01_0.BUP (12 KB)
VTS_01_0.IFO (12 KB)
VTS_01_1.VOB (0 KB)

And says ‘Succesfully finished processing’.

Does anybody have a clue on what this problem might be?
It has worked all the time until now, nothing has been changed on the system, etc.

Many thanks! :slight_smile:

Dvd techology get more and more advanced. So are the keys in a dvd.
Dvddecrypter upgrades their software very often.
Download the newest version of dvddecrypter and ur problems should be over. Maybe smartripper has a new version, just look it up.

SaM

I already use smartripper, and the problem occurs even on non-protected DVD’s.

Originally posted by mandatory
[B]Hello all,

I did use the search, but couldn’t find a similar problem. If there is please don’t slap me silly. :rolleyes:

After I finish ripping the DVD with Smartripper (rip-method: movie) and I start DVD2ONE to process the files, DVD2ONE starts, get’s down to it for a couple of minutes (say 5), spits out:

VIDEO_TS.BUP (6 KB)
VIDEO_TS.IFO (6 KB)
VTS_01_0.BUP (12 KB)
VTS_01_0.IFO (12 KB)
VTS_01_1.VOB (0 KB)

And says ‘Succesfully finished processing’.

Does anybody have a clue on what this problem might be?
It has worked all the time until now, nothing has been changed on the system, etc.

Many thanks! :slight_smile: [/B]

rip-method: movie??? have you tried ripping the entire disc? as a rule,i NEVER do a movie only rip. i think even the dvd2one team recomends ripping the full disc.

there are several posts concerning this problem,do a search for ‘Succesfully finished processing’ or somthing like that.

also since you tried smartripper already,try dvdDecryptor next,latest version of course. make sure the source disc is clean.

if you still have the same issue after ripping the whole disc,i would try a different program. if you dont already have dvd shrink i suggest you down load the latest version,2.3. the quality isnt quite as good but its free and it does some problematic dvds that dvd2one and dvd95copy chokes on.

I use DVDD (3.1.4.0) and movie-only exclusively, and have yet to find a ‘problem dvd’ with this method. Which have you seen?
And, what dvd’s has D2O choked-on, that Shrink or others handle? [not being contentious, just curious…D2O seems to ‘lead the pack’ as far as compatibility/suitability with varied dvd-encodings]

Originally posted by SaMiNaToR
[B]Dvd techology get more and more advanced. So are the keys in a dvd.
Dvddecrypter upgrades their software very often.
Download the newest version of dvddecrypter and ur problems should be over. Maybe smartripper has a new version, just look it up.

SaM [/B]

I don’t get this one, you actually think that the keys in dvd’s are changed? Or do you mean that you think rippers include diferent keys in their programs?

Well the key handling part is somthing that’s included in the DVD-specs and there for it can NOT be changed! If they would change it, it would basicly mean that most standalone’s wouldn’t be able to read those changed discs.

Ripping software is updated because the makers want to add more functionality to them like stream processing. But basicly copying files to a disk is a rather easy process if you leave out all the extra features.

Originally posted by loggy
I use DVDD (3.1.4.0) and movie-only exclusively, and have yet to find a ‘problem dvd’ with this method. Which have you seen?
And, what dvd’s has D2O choked-on, that Shrink or others handle? [not being contentious, just curious…D2O seems to ‘lead the pack’ as far as compatibility/suitability with varied dvd-encodings]

loggy,
dvd2one is still my first choice,thats mainly based on speed. I dont see any better or worse compatability between d2o,d95c,dvdshink or IC. some discs give problems in each program. i will say that my last choice is IC. its to slow and i have nothing but contempt for the IC support forum.

i cant remember all the names,its not that many and i dont dwell on them,i just move on to another program and get the job done. but recently i had chapter skipping with rolie polie olie. dvd95copy failed also but dvdshrink worked. Why? i dont know! I dont even care,life is to short. a title that fails for one person may work just fine for others. this forum is full of post about discs that failed or have various problems,but when i try the same title it almost always works fine for me. also i had problems with animatrix dvdshrink did that also. there have been others as well. but i do full disc copies,not movie only. i agree that movie only almost never fails. but it seems that some titles need ALL the files to work,even in movie only. i cant even remember what the title was that i learned that lesson on,it was so long ago and i have not had that problem since i now rip the whole disc as a rule,whether i am doing full disc or movie only. i think that what is called seamless branching is the culprit,but i’m not sure. what i am sure of is that dvdshrink is free and that makes it an excellent tool to help identify the problem and/or get the job done.

Mandatory,

you need to provide more details

1. name of the title.
  2. region
  3. version of dvd2one
  4. have you tried ripping the whole disc???
  5. have you ripped with dvddecryptor???
  6. your pc specs,os etc.

are you getting any read errors when ripping?
is the source dvd in good condition,clean?
have you done a virus check? i saw at least one post where that was the problem.

this guy seems to have a similar if not identical problem,i found it using the search function.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63404

I also saw some posts about problems with un encrypted discs.

Originally posted by jwo62
[B]

Mandatory,

you need to provide more details

1. name of the title.
  2. region
  3. version of dvd2one
  4. have you tried ripping the whole disc???
  5. have you ripped with dvddecryptor???
  6. your pc specs,os etc.

[/B]

Sorry, here is some more info:

1. All titles since about 15 days, even the ones without encryption
  2. Region 2, but I take a wild guess that it goes for all regions, will try a region 1 tomorrow
  3. 1.13/1.20
  4. Yes, same issue
  5. No because if I burn a DVD which is decrypted with dvddecryptor for some strange reason the DVD won’t play on my stand-alone player, therefore I prefer smartripper
  6. W2k/Sp4
    Intel P4 2.6G
    1 Gig of Ram
    160 Megs HD

are you getting any read errors when ripping? No
is the source dvd in good condition,clean? Yes
have you done a virus check? Every week, Norton 2003 Pro

this guy seems to have a similar if not identical problem,i found it using the search function.

That looks like it. :slight_smile:

mandatory,

the fact that your stand alone has issues with a dvdd ripped title makes me suspect that somehow your file size problem is related or an extension of it. you shouldnt have that problem at all with any ripping program. btw claddvd is another ripper you can try.

forgive me if this seems obvious but i am running out of ideas. have you changed the settings in either or both dvdd or smart ripper? for instance how the angles are treated? do you have stream processing enabled??? i suggest using the default settings in both rippers. maybe uninstall them and download the latest versions and try ripping without changeing he default settings.

when you say you are also haveing the problem with un encrypted dvds,what kind of dvds are you talking about? a vhs home movie transfered to dvdr? a store bought dvd thats un encrypted? or a backup of a store bought dvd that you want to make more copies from? personally i have had no luck making copies of copies. all of the store bought un encrypted dvds i have seen,and thats only a few,are all below the 4.3 dvd-r size. so if you used dvd2one on that it may act wierd.
or are you considering a previously ripped movie ,thats been sitting on your very spacious hard drive,an un encrypted title? just because you got it on your hard drive,and you can play it, doesnt mean that all the encryption has been successfuly removed. or even that the files are processable.

i do still think you should try one of the problematic titles with dvdshrink. if you process with dvdshrink one of the same titles you ripped to your hard drive that failed with dvd2one,and it still fails with dvdshrink then the problem almost has to be the rip. use the same ripped files that failed with dvd2one to be sure.

if you do find that dvdshrink fails processing the files from your hard drive,try and let dvdshrink read from the source disc. yes dvdshrink rips and process’s in one step.

I also strongly advise you to rip all files at least until this issue is resolved,just to be sure that is ruled out as a contributing factor.

i would still like to know what specific titles you are having problems with. and if you have changed your rippers settings,what are they? i would like to try and reproduce the failure.

i dont know if any of this helps,but its all i can think of.

Jim

problem solved mandatory?

problem solved mandatory?

Sorry, didn’t try in the meantime. :slight_smile:

And besides that; I am still trying to understand that long technical post in this topic.

I’lll try and be more clear in the future.

I’lll try and be more clear in the future.

Don’t get me wrong, your post is very much appreciated. :slight_smile: