Problem with DVD-RW Installation--Liteon SHW-1635S

I’ve been at this all day without much luck. My system is a Dell Dimension 4400 with a Pentium 4 2.0 GHz processor and 512 RAM. My video card is an Nvidia GeForce 3 Ti 200. I am running Windows XP SP2. I have updated the firmware on the DVD drive to YSOZ.

When the computer starts, I get an error message saying my computer has recovered from a serious problem. When I send a report, Microsoft recommends getting a newer driver for my video card or slowing hardware acceleration. There is no newer driver than the one I already have and I have reduced hardware acceleration, but my computer keeps restarting whenever I attempt to use the drive to burn anything.

I know my computer is outdated, but it would be great to be able to burn DVD’s. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Set jumper on back of drive to MAster and connect to (black) end of an 80-wire (Ultra ATA 66/100/133) ribbon cable (80-wire is important, don’t use 40-wire from your old CD drive). Blue connector of ribbon attaches to mobo, don’t connect any Slave drive on the middle connector until you know the DVD-RW is working. :slight_smile: