Problem with DVD-RAM driver using LG burner

Till now I exclusively used LG burner of the GSA series. There were no problems using DVD-RAM disks formatted with UDF 1.5/2.0. But a couple of days ago I bought a different one: LG GH22NP20 and suddenly there are problems with the BHA driver. I can read, write delete files. I can format DVD-RAM disks in quick mode. But wenn I try to execute physical format the computer hang, the green LED is flashing with no end. When I restart the PC WINDOWS stops at the half of the installation, the LED flashed and the BIOS doesn’t show the burner. The way out: switch off - switch on.
After writing or deleting the disk tray doesn’t open. There is no success neither pressing the eject button nor using software eject.
I use XP pro SP3, the version of the DVD-RAM driver was BHA vers.10 from May 26, 2003 because it didn’t work properly updatet on BHA vers.09 (really 09) from Dec 16, 2005. I found some driver with different names in the internet, but when they were unpacked or installed they were the same driver I used before. Perhaps somebody can help me - thanks

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Any chance you can try the drive on a different PC?

The BIOS not recognising the burner after you try to physically format a disc makes me think it could be hardware related…

… a different PC … good idea well i’ll try it.
I hope I find a user wiht XP in the neighbourhood
Thanks and good night - it’s midnight in Berlin
Frank

Hi,[quote=Frank2009;2207903]
I use XP pro SP3, the version of the DVD-RAM driver was BHA vers.10 from May 26, 2003 because it didn’t work properly updatet on BHA vers.09 (really 09) from Dec 16, 2005. I found some driver with different names in the internet, but when they were unpacked or installed they were the same driver I used before. Perhaps somebody can help me - thanks[/quote]I’d suggest to get the drivers from Toshiba (Yes, these are genuine Panasonic drivers), just ask Iris for DVD-RAM drivers. Uninstall your existing drivers and reinstall the new ones. Optionally, you can upgrade to latest version from http://www.bha.co.jp/en/ (–> http://www.bha.co.jp/en/download/utilities/dvdram.html)

Michael

Hi,
I give up - I’m fed up!!!
Lots of freaks were trying to help me, I clicked on lots of addresses that containes DVD-RAM-Drivers and always the same - they didn’t work properly.
Michael
BHA is known, I updated the last driver I’ve written it, but I followed your hint about Toshiba. Something was new. I was just able to read. When I tried to write, the system said “the volume ist writing protect”, when I tried to delete an existing file “file not fond”. It’s funny, isn’t it?
Arachne
This afternoon I was at my grandson and we tried to run my burner under XP64. No succsess. That filesystem was so destroied, that it was impossible to format the DVD-RAM-Disk with a GSA burner neither under XP nor WIN98. A Panasonic-HDD-Recorder was my last hope.
It seems to me that the developers say that it made no sense to built new updates for XP because VISTA and WIN7 was able to handle such volumes.

Thanks to all, I’m going to take back that burner to the seller!
Frank

Hi,

I have the same drive working fine with the BHA-drivers.
The drive is connected via USB - no problem.

Perhaps some other driver or burning software might cause problems?!

Ralf