Problem with DVD players

vbimport

Howdy,
I have just started to experiment with burning/ripping DVD’s. I use a wide range of products and getting them onto the Hard drive is not a problem or burning the disk.
Recently with Dark Knight I got a good copy onto Verbatim dvd+r dl. It plays great on my computer drive (optiarc 7200). It plays great on my cheap Dynex portable. But I get a “no disc” error in the JVC xv-sa70. Other disks I cut work fine, just this one disc and it is driving me buggy. No mater what I do it will not play. Currently after 2 tries still no go. I really like the JVC but do you think it is time for a newer player?

Used:
AnyDVD, video DVD Maker and Verbatim disks

Thanks

If it works on a drive and another player, it does sound like your JVC is just a little picky about burned disks, or maybe just dual layer disks. There isn’t much you can do about it, not to improve its ability to read these disks. A 7200 will automatically bitset the dual layer disks to look like a dvd-rom, so that is one step towards compatibility already taken, to no avail. And you are using the best available dual layer disks already.

Thanks
That was the answer I expected but not the one I wanted :slight_smile:

It’s just really weird that everything else plays on the JVC except Dark Knight. All are on the DL Verb.

I can’t really think of much else to try. You might try ripping to the hard drive using the built-in ripper in AnyDVD as files…just to make sure you have all the encryption/structural problems corrected. Then build the ISO and burn to the disk using ImgBurn. It is the most recommended burning program going to dual layer disks. This is a guide for burning a dual layer dvd from files:

Burn at 4x speed.

That’s my best shot at a solution, but not much hope I’m afraid.

Aside from another burning app as noted above (IMGBurn), there isn’t much more you can do. Although Verbatim is the best DL media, you could try another brand just to see if it works for your JVC.

[QUOTE=sloweddi;2176031]Thanks
That was the answer I expected but not the one I wanted :slight_smile:

It’s just really weird that everything else plays on the JVC except Dark Knight. All are on the DL Verb.[/QUOTE]

Dark Knight was a problem for some to rip. If you used AnyDVD it may have lefts some strange commands in the file. AnyDVD has that tendency.
Get PgcEdit and load ripped file in to see if it give you any command errors.
Your JVC may be little more DVD compliant sensitive player.