Problem with dvd player

Hi guys, the dvd player i have is a few years old but is still quality and has surround sound. I cant find the product on the list provided but on the front it says DVD System SA-MT1 if can help. The problem i have is when watching films there are silhouettes of people and numbers appearing in the background? I have never used a disk cleaner so should i or is it due to a fault with the scart leads or system? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I think the problem is with the TV. Do you have the same problem when you watch TV channels?

[QUOTE=crg147;2220501]Hi guys, the dvd player i have is a few years old but is still quality and has surround sound. I cant find the product on the list provided but on the front it says DVD System SA-MT1 if can help. The problem i have is when watching films there are silhouettes of people and numbers appearing in the background? I have never used a disk cleaner so should i or is it due to a fault with the scart leads or system? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks[/QUOTE]

That’s a odd problem but here how do you have your dvd to tv hooked up?? Are you going directly to RCA or coaxial connections?? And those silhouettes does it show like those are the same people on the dvd as oppose to the tv coming through the feed from the dvd player? How do you exactly mean a few years old??? Can you be more precise?? Usually cleaning the laser lens mean opening the case itself and use a lens cloth and solution to gently clean the laser lens. This helps to improve the read and playback and get rid of studdering and skipping from dirty laser lens. That name you gave didn’t get much help can you be more precise that should be a stick on the dvd player itself on the bottom or back of the unit?