Problem with Dvd drive

HI,

I have lite-on combo drive with dvd write. I have few movies in dvds and I able to see them in dvd players, but when I load it in the dvd drive, I am seeing no files in the disc, I am able to open the drive(dvd drive eg: DVD\Cd-RW Drive (e:). I see there are no files in the disc.

Can anyone help me with this problem. I am not able to convert movies to my ipod.

thanks in adv.

When you say you can see them in DVD players, are you talking standalone players or playing from your computer? If you can play the movie on your PC then something like DVD Fab should be able to rip it OK. If you can’t play the DVD or DVD Fab doesn’t read any DVDs when you put them in the drive, I should look at the drive as culprit.

Sláinte

midders

[QUOTE=sandydudy;2274383]HI,

I have lite-on combo drive with dvd write. I have few movies in dvds and I able to see them in dvd players, but when I load it in the dvd drive, I am seeing no files in the disc, I am able to open the drive(dvd drive eg: DVD\Cd-RW Drive (e:). I see there are no files in the disc.

Can anyone help me with this problem. I am not able to convert movies to my ipod.

thanks in adv.[/QUOTE]

You cant have a combo drive with DVD write. Combos are CD read/write and DVD Read. What is the model number of the drive and some info on
your system.

i can play the dvds in a stand alone player not in the system, i dunno whats the problem with the drive, it wont show any files in the disc…

What model drive is it? And what are you using to view these files?