Problem with Duplicator

Hello,

I just received my duplicator 1-10.

I have 80 different dvd’s to duplicate 50 of each.

The original 80 DVD’s are my own content and have been made in iMovie and encoded with iDVD.

The 80 original movies are on various brands of recordable DVD’s from princo to mitsubishi, some disks are 16x speed some 8x.

I have bought taiyu yuden 8x disks to duplicate as everyone raves about them.

The problem that im having is with the duplicator refusing to duplicate the majority of the original DVD’s.

When i insert an original and 10 blanks i get a message saying. “Blank disks not enough space” All the originals were recorded on 4.7GB disks so the size of the original is the same as the blanks.

The machine will duplicate 60 of the 80 originals but refuses to duplicate the rest. The originals that the duplicator will run work perfectly.

If anyone can help with this i will be very happy.

Dave

[QUOTE=pilky;1927622]Hello,

I just received my duplicator 1-10.

I have 80 different dvd’s to duplicate 50 of each.

The original 80 DVD’s are my own content and have been made in iMovie and encoded with iDVD.

The 80 original movies are on various brands of recordable DVD’s from princo to mitsubishi, some disks are 16x speed some 8x.

I have bought taiyu yuden 8x disks to duplicate as everyone raves about them.

The problem that im having is with the duplicator refusing to duplicate the majority of the original DVD’s.

When i insert an original and 10 blanks i get a message saying. “Blank disks not enough space” All the originals were recorded on 4.7GB disks so the size of the original is the same as the blanks.

The machine will duplicate 60 of the 80 originals but refuses to duplicate the rest. The originals that the duplicator will run work perfectly.

If anyone can help with this i will be very happy.

Dave[/QUOTE] That’s strange! If your source media is the same size as the target media, it should work. What exactly are the one’s it will not copy? Are any copyright protected, and are you sure they are not dual layer? Do you already have this information? http://www.macrosystem.us/pdf/MacroEchofinalv2_9-9-03.pdf

Thanks for the link Dr Crankenstein,

Yes im sure all the source media is 4.7GB non dual, and the target media is the same.
All material is my own, burned at home. I have the manual from the machine i bought similar to the one you linked to, but no mention of this matter.

Any clues?

Try running the ones that will not duplicate through DVD SHRINK and make them 4464mb (default of shrink) and see if they will work, if not try making them 4300mb and see if that works.

[QUOTE=Dr. Crankenstein;1927706]That’s strange! If your source media is the same size as the target media, it should work. What exactly are the one’s it will not copy? Are any copyright protected, and are you sure they are not dual layer? Do you already have this information? http://www.macrosystem.us/pdf/MacroEchofinalv2_9-9-03.pdf[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=tgidday;1927757]Try running the ones that will not duplicate through DVD SHRINK and make them 4464mb (default of shrink) and see if they will work, if not try making them 4300mb and see if that works.[/QUOTE]

Good idea!

Thanks for your recomendation Tgidday,

I downloaded shrink but it is only for PC and im using Mac,
I am looking around the net for a free dvd shrink program for Mac.
I think this could be the issue. Don’t know why though if the source is the same size disk as the target.

Thanks anyway.
Dave