Problem with DH20A4H

Sorry for the new thread, but I can’t seem to find any forums anywhere that will help answer this problem, and I am completely unable to burn ANYTHING onto a CD-R.

I can burn DVDs perfectly fine.

I have firmware version QP53

Blank CD-R media is not recognized in the drive.

Running Vista Ultimate x64

Any suggestions? I read somewhere something about QP59 firmware, but was unable to find the file anywhere on the internet. I’m no noob, and I’m completely baffled by this…especially when I tried to find IMAPI in vista. My box was all like SURPRISE!

Anyway, please shoot me any suggestions as I’m dead in the water.

I tried using Nero 7 as well as Nero 8 as well as Veritas RecordNowMax as well as Windows Media Player 11 all to no avail.

Rig:
ASUS Maximus Formula MOBO
Q6600 @ 3.02x4
2x1GB 5400 Corsair XMS2-PRO
2xHD 2900 PRO 1GB (Crossfire)
LiteOn DH20A4H
4xWD 250 GB 7200 RPM SATA
1xWD 36 GB 10000 RPM SATA
Enermax Liberty 550W Modular PSU
Liquid Cooled

[QUOTE=Speedemon0202;2033721]Sorry for the new thread, but I can’t seem to find any forums anywhere that will help answer this problem, and I am completely unable to burn ANYTHING onto a CD-R.

I can burn DVDs perfectly fine.

I have firmware version QP53

Blank CD-R media is not recognized in the drive.

Running Vista Ultimate x64

Any suggestions? I read somewhere something about QP59 firmware, but was unable to find the file anywhere on the internet. I’m no noob, and I’m completely baffled by this…especially when I tried to find IMAPI in vista. My box was all like SURPRISE!

Anyway, please shoot me any suggestions as I’m dead in the water.

I tried using Nero 7 as well as Nero 8 as well as Veritas RecordNowMax as well as Windows Media Player 11 all to no avail.

Rig:
ASUS Maximus Formula MOBO
Q6600 @ 3.02x4
2x1GB 5400 Corsair XMS2-PRO
2xHD 2900 PRO 1GB (Crossfire)
LiteOn DH20A4H
4xWD 250 GB 7200 RPM SATA
1xWD 36 GB 10000 RPM SATA
Enermax Liberty 550W Modular PSU
Liquid Cooled[/QUOTE]

What media are you using? Could be that is it picky on the media type? How old is your unit? I am thinking of getting one as well as my 20A1H is now acting funny on me…