Problem with CloneDVD2 2.9.1.9

vbimport

Having a problem with this version. Downgraded my HP Pavilion Media Center TV m8124n PC from Vista Ultimate to XP pro (with SP3). Now the ATAPI DVD A DH16a1L Scsi drive doesn’t correctly burn DVDs with CloneDVD2 2.9.1.9. It reads Ok, but corrupted writes (PC doesn’t even recognize them). I have a standalone DVD recorder that will read them. I took the files copied to the hard drive with CloneDVD2 and wrote them to a disk with Roxio EMC 10 and they worked fine. I tried the Clode option to use File System instead of internal I/O with no luck. Other software will correctly burn DVDs/CDs. Any ideas? TIA.

[QUOTE=alanfox;2095483]Having a problem with this version. Downgraded my HP Pavilion Media Center TV m8124n PC from Vista Ultimate to XP pro (with SP3). Now the ATAPI DVD A DH16a1L Scsi drive doesn’t correctly burn DVDs with CloneDVD2 2.9.1.9. It reads Ok, but corrupted writes (PC doesn’t even recognize them). I have a standalone DVD recorder that will read them. I took the files copied to the hard drive with CloneDVD2 and wrote them to a disk with Roxio EMC 10 and they worked fine. I tried the Clode option to use File System instead of internal I/O with no luck. Other software will correctly burn DVDs/CDs. Any ideas? TIA.[/QUOTE]

How old is your PC?? Is it under warranty? Does it read other media correctly?? What do you mean corrupted writes ??? What kinda media are you using?? What speed are you burning at? How do you have your burner connected and setup? Did you change or update any hardware?

The PC is about a year old. It came with Vista Ultimate and I just downgraded it to XP Pro (with SP3). Other software burns DVDs just fine, the brand of DVDs being used were fine with Vista. I suspect that the issue is using a SATA drive under XP. Clone reads them fine (this was checked by attempting to play the files that were copied to the hard drive, which played fine). If I burn to a DVD RW there is no problem. Burned DVDs will play fine on a DVD recorder, but not in a player (the disk is unrecognized). Also if I put the burned DVD back in the PC, it thinks it’s blank.

[QUOTE=alanfox;2095898]The PC is about a year old. It came with Vista Ultimate and I just downgraded it to XP Pro (with SP3). Other software burns DVDs just fine, the brand of DVDs being used were fine with Vista. I suspect that the issue is using a SATA drive under XP. Clone reads them fine (this was checked by attempting to play the files that were copied to the hard drive, which played fine). If I burn to a DVD RW there is no problem. Burned DVDs will play fine on a DVD recorder, but not in a player (the disk is unrecognized). Also if I put the burned DVD back in the PC, it thinks it’s blank.[/QUOTE]

This is confusing how about if you have a MOD create a thread stating your problem. What is the sata drive the HDD or burner? You mentioned atapi drive but what is your sata drive? What program are you trying to use to play the files? What drivers are you using for the sata? Oh I forgot to mention too this info or FYI was just a info release note bye MOD alan. If you do have a problem with the software it’s best advice to create your own thread so others will see it and respond to it in the future.

Done.:iagree:

[QUOTE=alanfox;2095898]The PC is about a year old. It came with Vista Ultimate and I just downgraded it to XP Pro (with SP3). Other software burns DVDs just fine, the brand of DVDs being used were fine with Vista. I suspect that the issue is using a SATA drive under XP. Clone reads them fine (this was checked by attempting to play the files that were copied to the hard drive, which played fine). If I burn to a DVD RW there is no problem. Burned DVDs will play fine on a DVD recorder, but not in a player (the disk is unrecognized). Also if I put the burned DVD back in the PC, it thinks it’s blank.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you are using the file system instead of the internal I/O file system. The Windows file system option is there so you can backup disks recorded on a home DVD recorder, to backup a commercially released DVD use the internal I/O system. That would explain why it plays in your DVD recorder and not recognized by your set top player. If you ripped it using the file system you may have to redo it using the internal I/O.