Problem with CloneDVD

vbimport

I am having a problem with CloneDVD. It will write 2-3 disks perfectly then starts failing with an error 9 in every write thereafter. The error can appear at any point during the write (even close to finishing) but does not happen until at ;east a little way in. I am using a Pioneer DVR-106 writer and Princo DVD-R 1X disks (Writing is set to 1X).

I have tried uninstalling CloneDVD and Reinstalling, and likewise with AnyDVD (in case it’s driver was the problem) but no joy.

Any suggestions anybody?

Many thanks

I had a few errors, “probably bad media”. I don’t remember the code. Seemed like a pattern, every other burn.

How did you uninstall it?

“Write DVD Error Code 9 means that ElbyCDIO (the hardware access layer, used by RegionKiller and CloneCD) did not initialise properly. This is usually caused by manual deletion of elby products without using the uninstaller. Uninstall CloneDVD, reboot, reinstall CloneDVD and reboot again”

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71393

Thank you for the help.

I used Windows XP Add/Remove programs to remove everything (except the registry entries) rebooted, re-installed, and rebooted.

Are you saying that the XP removal is different from using uninstall, if so I will try it again?

It seems strange that it gets part way through before doing it as it should be using that driver to write from the start.

I would try it with the uninstaller and not keep the registry entries. I don’t know what entries are kept when you do not remove them, but I think a complete fresh installation would be better.

Then reboot, install, reboot.

Originally posted by mccarw

Any suggestions anybody?
Yes. Use a decent media.

Originally posted by Schnauze
[B]I would try it with the uninstaller and not keep the registry entries. I don’t know what entries are kept when you do not remove them, but I think a complete fresh installation would be better.

Then reboot, install, reboot. [/B]

Tried it last night, still does it. Aaaah!

Tried it last night, still does it. Aaaah!
And what about the media ?

Originally posted by BoSkin
And what about the media ?
I will try a different brand of media next time I purchase some.

I will try a different brand of media next time I purchase some.

Okay I bought some TDK DVD-R 1-4X media and it still does it. Can anyone please help. It was bad enough losing them before, but now it makes coasters from disks that are twice the cost.

PLEASE HELP!

I seemed to get this error when burning right after the read.

See if you have better luck when you transcode to DVD Files (on hard drive), stop and start CloneDVD and burn from the hard drive. I have not had the error when I have burned this way. But, I have only done it this way a couple times.

Originally posted by Pakratus
[B]I seemed to get this error when burning right after the read.

See if you have better luck when you transcode to DVD Files (on hard drive), stop and start CloneDVD and burn from the hard drive. I have not had the error when I have burned this way. But, I have only done it this way a couple times. [/B]

Thanks for the idea, but that did not work either.

I replaced a faulty LG CD writer / DVD reader combo unit in the PC and it has not done it since. 10 DVDs written without error. (Fingers crossed it keeps up)

I cant see why that drive should have caused it as the drive was not in use, but who knows.

Why don’t you buy a DVD/RW so you can use it over and over intel you get this fixed unless you like throwing away money? :bigsmile:

I ran across a newbie tutorial that informed me of a setting for the DVD drive that I did not know about. The drive needs to be set to ‘DMA if availabe.’ My drives were all set to PIO Only. I switched this (and a couple of other things, but…) I have not had the problem at all since. Mccarw, by replacing the drive, I think it may have defaulted to the correct setting.

Tip #2 on this site:
http://mrbass.org/dvdnewbie/

Side Note, by switching this it cut my burning/transcoding time in half.

It goes without saying. If you just searched for ‘DMA’, you’d find 1000 answers on that subject.

PIO4 transfer rate 16 Mbytes/s, UDMA2 - 33 Mbytes/s.