Problem with CCleaner downloads

vbimport

I have a strange “Bug” with downloading updates for Piriform software.

It always takes two attempts to download.

Simply selecting “save” invariably saves the package with a comma, dash or underline before the EXE extension.

This is a minor annoyance because I always have to rename the file before I can actually run it.

Anyone else seeing this?

No problem here On FF 27.0.1

Nope no problem here at all.

I am using IE11. bean55 is using FF so it seems there might be an issue with your rig.

I also never had a problem with CCleaner downloads.

Mr. Bill :iagree:

same here no problems downloading CCleaner.

after intentionally downloading several things as a test

it seems some setting in my browser (IE-11 running on Win7Pro x64) is screwed because it now seems that everything I download has a “_” (underline) inserted
in place of the “.” before the file extension.

I have realized I don’t desire to change this as it offers a somewhat unintentional, but effective insulation against unwanted “Crap” but I’d like to know the
what, where’s and why’s it is doing this.

IF there is a buried setting somewhere that is causing this character substitution
I’d dearly like to know where it is…

Are you by any remote chance using Google Cloud Storage? Because IE11 deletes the file ext when you do and you have to add it.

No, I do not use cloud storage. but I have my default downloads direct to a folder on my “F:” hard drive, an internal 3tb drive.

I have my computer set-up to save everything to drives
other than my SSD system drive.

The only thing that does not save to an alternate storage
drive (all spinners) is windows updates, and those only
because I don’t know how to send them "elsewhere"
than my system drive.

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2720837]No, I do not use cloud storage. but I have my default downloads direct to a folder on my “F:” hard drive, an internal 3tb drive.

I have my computer set-up to save everything to drives
other than my SSD system drive.

The only thing that does not save to an alternate storage
drive (all spinners) is windows updates, and those only
because I don’t know how to send them "elsewhere"
than my system drive.[/QUOTE]

The way you have it set up should not be an issue, I also have files and use all temp folders on a separate drive from my system drive. This way when the .temp folder get written to, it doesn’t write to the SSD ( my system drive) then the temp folder writes to the DVD. So all the SSD does is read. I don’t think Windows updates will save anyplace else other than the system drive. You can delete them doing a disk Cleanup. Bu this in no way should affect your downloads, I am stuck on this one.:confused:

Well, as I said now that I understand completely the “what” I’ve decided it is not a problem. It is in fact kind of useful in it’s own way but that does not diminish in the least my desire to understand the how & why.

I’d also like to know why I have a bug in IE11 that causes it to open the most recently closed tab on the first attempt to “open in a new tab”.

I’ve also recently discovered that IE11 often will open a duplicate tab
if there are no recently closed tabs it can bring up and this is no less
strange than the other issue