Problem with Burrrn - can't drag and drop files

vbimport

I’ve just installed Burrrn to convert and burn mp3 to cda. When I drag and drop an mp3 file into the area under “Track Name Length”, it remains blank. So next I tried using the “Add” button, navigated to the mp3 file, clicked on it, and still no file showed up.

My PC is about 6 months old and I’ve burned DVDs with it and had no problem. The burner is a LITE-ON.

What am I doing wrong here? How can I get the files to show up when dragged and dropped into Burrrn?

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Burrrn is not updated frequently, and officially is still in beta.

It could be a (still unsolved) bug in the software to cause the issue.

I suggest to use ImgBurn to do the work. It’s free and frequently updated :slight_smile:

Thanks - I’ll try ImgBurn. I just downloaded it.

You can find also a guide [U]here[/U] :slight_smile:

When I drag a cue file into Burrrn it says the file was not found. The audio is in the folder in one file but not with the tracks split. Is there any way to get around this?

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Try to open the CUE file with any text editor (notepad is fine) and check that the audio file has exactly the same name of the one in the CUE file.

For example, if in the cue you have

FILE “Music File - Full music file.wav” WAVE

but the file you are using is instead

File.mp3

you have to change the file name and extension in cue file as

File.mp3

As I already mentioned earlier, however, this software is not updated by a long time. I suggest to use a more recent software like ImgBurn :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=John_108;2073387]Thanks - I’ll try ImgBurn. I just downloaded it.[/QUOTE]

You also have to make sure you are using the correct Files. Learn to use Explorer File Manager. You can make your own Folders and Rename the File anything you want as long as the Extension remains the same…Song.mp3. Make a Folder Jazz, and put all JazzSong.mp3 in it. It’s all about Files and Folders and going back to the DOS Days. :cool:

[QUOTE=geno888;2660311]As I already mentioned earlier, however, this software is not updated by a long time. I suggest to use a more recent software like ImgBurn :)[/QUOTE]

ImgBurn is definitely the way to go and it’s free too. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks for your replies!

It is the right file I’m using. I re dl-ed to make sure it wasn’t corrupt but I got the same result. I tried renaming but that didn’t work.

So I dl-ed ImgBurn but it didn’t see the cue file as separate tracks, but it did see the flac, which is one long track, i.e. the whole album with no cues. With Burrrn I would just drag the cue file in there and off you go. How do you get it to recognize the cue?

[QUOTE=phelgen;2660397]So I dl-ed ImgBurn but it didn’t see the cue file as separate tracks, but it did see the flac, which is one long track, i.e. the whole album with no cues.[/QUOTE]

Your file is probably encoded as a single .cue + .flac image,I asssume by ExactAudioCopy’s "copy image and make cuesheet -->compressed " option.
That’s why there’s only 1 index marker in the cuefile,so ImgBurn can’t see the .flac as individual tracks,simply because there are none…
You can download the program CUETools ,then choose the single track .cue ,as action you choose “encode”,as mode,your choice must be “Tracks” and Audio Output must be "lossless with “flac” as output format…the program will re-create a .cue with seperate indexes for every file and the .flac will also be splitted by track number.

Or you can burn the image with IMGBurn and then re-rip the cd to seperate tracks…

Awesome Roadworker! I dl-ed CUET and it worked like a charm, thanks so much. Problem solved.

Glad to hear you got it sorted…:slight_smile:

It’s frustrating after taking the time to dl something to have that happen. I used to edit the tracks myself with Feurio, but as it’s an old program, my new computer won’t recognize it. Still, this was way easier! Feurio was great for making compilations.

[QUOTE=phelgen;2660407] Feurio was great for making compilations.[/QUOTE]

Yes…too bad that it’s developement stopped…the same applies for Padus DiscJuggler,it was also a great audioburner,I still occasionally use it on my older XP system.

As for these days speaking,DBpoweramp Reference Edition with the CD Writer option works great too…
You select the tracks you want and while ripping,your individual tracks will be verified with AccurateRip,then the data goes to a temp compilation folder,the tracks are visible in the CD Writer window,and you can burn them…

Just for the record to burn using separate .cue files in ImgBurn all you do is click ‘Write image file to disc’ as below or select ‘Write’ from the ‘Mode’ menu.

Then browse to the .cue file, select it then hit the big button at the bottom as indicated.

[B]Wombler[/B]