Problem with burning a music CD

vbimport

Hi, I recently bought an external CD burner to add to my Toshiba laptop which has Windows XP and service pack 2. The CD burner came with NeroSmart Start software. I connected the CD burner to the laptop and it has power and everything. Then I installed Nero 6 and followed the steps to make an audio CD. I brought in files from MY Music folder. It said the burn was done successfully but when I put the CD in my player there was nothing on it. Have I left out a step somewhere? Was I supposed to enable something by clicking on My Computer? Hope someone can help me. thanks

What exactly is your external cd burner type and model? And what does the error say? Did you update nero 6 to the latest update before nero 7? What format is the music saved under? What program in nero did you use to burn the music? Your questions that your asking is hard to follow and not giving enough info to locate the problem. I might not be able to fully help but by providing more details will help other to address the problem and give a solution. Cause I do have nero 6.6.1.4 and I use to burn music to my CD.

What format were the files in?

Try Burrrn (www.burrrn.net) , it’s free and better than Nero for Audio CDs.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;1708915]What exactly is your external cd burner type and model? And what does the error say? Did you update nero 6 to the latest update before nero 7? What format is the music saved under? What program in nero did you use to burn the music? Your questions that your asking is hard to follow and not giving enough info to locate the problem. I might not be able to fully help but by providing more details will help other to address the problem and give a solution. Cause I do have nero 6.6.1.4 and I use to burn music to my CD.[/QUOTE]

Sir, I have the same problem. My external burner type and model is HP dvd 1040e, External 20X Mutiformat DVD Writer. and nero 7 Essentials software. While I burn the music just say Burn complete succesfully. never said some error at all. The music is in wma. But while I try to play, nothing on it. I don’t know what wrong with me. before I burn music cd with internal cd run and old software , it’s fine. but right now my internal burner is down so switch to brand new external burner . Hope some one can give me help.

To eliminate any problems with Nero, you might try Burrrn which is highly recommended by many forum members. This was also suggested by TimC (see above posting).

Regarding any issues with Nero, did it come bundled with your external burner? If not, it may have some difficulty reading from other units. Regardless, try Burrrn and let us know if you were successful.

IIRC, you need to get a WMA plugin for Nero to burn them. They also can’t be DRM protected files.