Problem with burners

Hi everyone,

I apologise if this has been asked before.

I have the following set up

P4 3.06c 1gb 400ddr dual bandwith

160gb 8mb hd primary master
lite - on dvd secondary master

raid controller with pioneer 106d dvd writer firmware 1.05 and liteone ltr-52327s udma2

raid controller with 20gb and 40gb hds udma5

anyway i have ihave tried nero 6.0.0.23 and have presently got 5.5.10.54 installed

both burners are detected fine and the program goes through the motions fine but wont recognise any cds when it comes to the burning stage at all, says medium is not writeable.

Both drives work in all other aspects reading cds etc.

Any advice appreciated

well can you try another lower version of nero cause i know those had bugs in them and see if you get same results ?

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/nero551042.exe

Also I would update your IDE drivers and also firmware on your drives just to be sure.

gio

You might try putting the drives on the IDE controller. Raid controllers and optical drives do not play well together.

Originally posted by jssilva

You might try putting the drives on the IDE controller.
Raid controllers and optical drives do not play well together.
Sure and that’s exactly what I did > Yamaha on Promise

oops totally missed it was on promise card. Yeah that would be first thing too do . I agree with jssilva and boskin.

Thanks alot guys,

i have an inwin tower and today i bought cutomized red round cables (longer) and connected the 3 dvd/rw drives to the normal ide controllers and my 3 hdds onto the promise.

Works like a dream, even found that my pioneer has a write cd speed of 24 when before on promise it was highlighted as 16.

Thanks lads.

this forum is brilliant i cant believe i’ve been on hyper space so long and missed it :slight_smile: