Problem with booktype

vbimport

I used dvdbitsetter to set the booktype to DVD-RAM. My nec2500A is using Henries 1.07v2b5dl firmware. I am also using nero 5.51056. This setup will not set the booktype to DVD-RAM.

Now when i try to burn DVD-R disks nero takes up to 60 sec to start or it restarts and ruins the disk.

How do I remove the default booktype od DVD-RAM from the NEC and return it to normal. I don`t even know what the original settin was.

Also If I burn with a DVD-R I cant scan it in my liteonit 166 drive but I can scan it in the NEC and it still plays on my dvd player.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks carthoris

your post is very confusing!
Bitsetting to DVD-RAM should not be possible!
If DVDBitsetter is no longer working for you, try DVDInfopro.

I`m sorry for the confusion. I meant DVD-ROM.

I set the booktype for my NEC2500A to DVD-ROM. When I burn a DVD-R disk in this drive nero starts the leadin and time stops at 3 sec then about 50 sec later it jumps to 53 sec and the burn continues. The DVD works fine but I can`t test the burn with cdspeed3 in my liteonit drive but I can test it in my NEC 2500A.

What I`m asking is this. Does setting the booktype To DVD-ROM affect a DVD-R disk in any way?

From my reading it`s not supposed to cause any problem.
How can I eliminate the DVD-ROM booktype from my NEC2500A.

I hope this helps.

Thanks in advance

Carthoris

I`m sorry for the confusion. I meant DVD-ROM.

I set the booktype for my NEC2500A to DVD-ROM. When I burn a DVD-R disk in this drive nero starts the leadin and time stops at 3 sec then about 50 sec later it jumps to 53 sec and the burn continues. The DVD works fine but I can`t test the burn with cdspeed3 in my liteonit drive but I can test it in my NEC 2500A.

What I`m asking is this. Does setting the booktype To DVD-ROM affect a DVD-R disk in any way?

From my reading it`s not supposed to cause any problem.
How can I eliminate the DVD-ROM booktype from my NEC2500A.

I hope this helps.

Thanks in advance

Carthoris

sounds more likely to be a media issue not a drive issue.
does it do this with all -r media or just one type? does it do this with +r media?

i have ritek g03 media (fuji 1x -r) and my liteon 48161 will not read it. it fails during read but my 2500a and my liteon411s will read it fine.could be the issue with your 166

What kind of error do you receive from CD-DVD Speed?

This error occurs in two liteonit drives both are 166 . They read correctly in cdspeed using my NEC2500A.

Error read of scrambled sector without authentication (056F03)

The DVD also plays fine in my computer or set-top player.

thanks

Carthoris

This problem is not new to me (and also to other users! :)).
For example:

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=541818&postcount=15

I bet that this problem appear only with “minus” media… and never with “plus” media.
Anyway I’ve resolved this problem using VSO CopyToDVD rather than Nero or DVDDecrypter as burning program.
I think there are some “incompatibilities” between the burning program and the firmware because with some older firmware this problem never appear.

Remember that the “scrambled” disk that you’ve burned could be unrecognizable by some DVD-ROM. The disk seems to be “CSS Copy-Protected” but in truth it’s not scrambled. The standalone DVD players try to unscramble the disk so the disk will always work… but consoles (like XBOX) will recognize the disk as “Unknown” rather than “DVD-Video”. You’ll need to “force” the console to play the video. Also if you try to decrypt that disk with your LiteON 166S you’ll see DVDDecrypter that will “try” to crack the CSS copy protection! The success in readability could vary from DVD-ROM to DVD-ROM (reader)

mp3dom you are correct. I thought the problem occured when I set the booktype to DVD-rom. I now understand its the firmware.

Is their any way to fix this problem or do I have to go back to a stock firmware.

Thanks in advance

Carthoris

The problem never appear to me if i use CopyToDVD as burning program.
I’m obliged to have an hacked firmware because I’ve some players that don’t play +R w/out bitsetting!
I’ve burned about 50+ DVD-R with CopyToDVD and the hacked firmware and all went OK!