Problem with back-up of Harry Potter

I use AnyDVD 5.9.4.1 and CloneDVD2 2.8.9.2. I get a data error (cyclic redundancy check) with details… File 1 D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB 23 TCSectorReader. I have tried 2 different disks and have cleaned both. Any ideas?

I had no problems with my copy using those two programs, both doing a single disc and a split to two discs. Have you tried the AnyDVD Ripper function?

I have not tried the ripper function. Not sure how to do that. I will do a search to see how it’s done. Thanks!

I have a few older movies that were scratched or aged to a point and got this same error so it may be that unless it is the newest then I’d just return the movie for another.

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome to the forum essix. :iagree:
As mentioned check disc for damage, possibly clean anyway.
Re AnyDVD ripper , right click fox then goto Rip DVD to Harddisk.

No problems here backing up Harry Potter, Region 1. Used AnyDVD 5.9.4.1 and CloneDVD 2.8.9.2. As suggested, check the disc and possibly exchange for new if needed.

I had no problems with The Goblet of Fire, Region 1, with Anydvd 5.9.4.1 and Clonedvd 2.8.9.2.

same here no issues with the newests version of anydvd and clone dvd

Thank you all for your help! I used the ripper function in AnyDVD and it worked. It really slowed down at one point, but after about 90 minutes it was done. Thanks again!!

Remember to process most all newer dvd’s with voblanker…then open with dvd shrink and get better quality with freeware. Harry Potter - Goblet of Fire? Easy.

Don’t know why you would suggest that - I just don’t see the logic to blank most new releases unless there is some need to do so :disagree:

Unless you are referring to deep analyisis I don’t get that one either for freeware :disagree:

I had no problem with any of the potter movies just got goblet of fire and worked fine I think maybe original disk my be damaged

I thought usally cyclic redundancy errors are due to physical scratches or imperfections with the discs.

No problem here either

@ drcy,

Suggest viewing the below Forum posting concerning CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) data error notification. Notice the Comments in posting #6 by Olli the author of CloneDVD/CloneCD and instrumental in the development of AnyDVD.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=138522

Best Regards,
bjkg

…and another thing learned on this great forum. :cool: Thx bjkg!

i just tried to do the HARRY_POTTER_GOBLET_OF_FIRE and CloneDvD2 tells me it is copy Protected and won’t copy anything. i have the laest version of AnyDvD and CloneDVD2. i’ll try the ripper next.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 5.9.4.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1882784 sectors (3677 MBytes)
Total size: 3738117 sectors (7301 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HARRY_POTTER_GOBLET_OF_FIRE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.

Sounds just like another thread I read tonight. Do you have DVD43 on your system?

or do you have a RAID array?

No raid drives, and I don’t know what DVD43 is.

Normally I can back up my disks so the kids don’t destroy them. I backed up some old DVD’s last night then I upgraded to .NET Framework version 2.0 and rebooted then the wife asked to back up the new HP and when I tried to do it, Clone acted as if AnyDVD wasn’t installed or on. Could the installation of NET 2.0 have caused the issue? And if so how do I rectify the situation?

edit
O and I used the ripper part of Any and it seemed to work although I haven’t had a chance to try to burn it via Clone yet.

The only back up software I have is Any and Clone