Problem with ASUS 1608P

i’ve got a problem , i’ve tried all firmwares from 1.02 to 1.59 … but my DVD-RW won’t read the DVD’s that it burns… and many other … and it writes with errors(if it writes)… the buffer jumps from 98 to 10% and back … etc … can someone help me? (i’ve tried to put it Master , Slave … but it ain’t no differance)

Burn with verify and post the results here.

now i don’t have any dvd’s … because they all ar in the trash … and they where TDK… what can i say , i can write on a Benq DVD+RW … and when i want 2 copy from it … error… like in a bad sector from a harddisk :frowning: , when the CD is verified it runs from 700kb to 1.4 MB … max … that in the good case …

Please try writing in sentences. The way you post makes me dizzy… :frowning:

k , to explain in sentences :slight_smile: i’ve got this DVD-RW (it’s Second Hand) , @ my first DVD burn all was nice and fine until i wanted to read the DVD , it seams that it can’t read them, then i’ve tried a DVD from a magazine , it worked just fine.

i’ve managed to burn a dvd and to make it work but the speed it’s ~ 1x (when readed) , and with errors.
i’ve cleand the DVD-RW but no effect, i’ve put all firmwares and still it ain’t working

posible to be from the cable? i have one rounde cable 79 pins to be exact

i’ve installed windows XP sp1 / XP sp2 … the same :frowning:

10q

i’ve put all firmwares

What does this mean?

Please post the output from either DVRFlash or Discinfo here.

You may uninstall the ide channels in devicemanager and delete the upper & lower filters. See my sig.

i’ve used DVRFlash to flash from 1.59 to 1.02 then the firmwares to 1.17 1.40 1.50 1.57 1.59 back… thinking that may be a solution :slight_smile:

i’ll try your ideea :slight_smile: