Problem with Anydvd new version

vbimport

I am a registered user of AnyDVD. I downloaded the new version of AnyDVD and when trying to install got messages about “error reading file (?)” abort/retry/ignore referring to anydvd.exe. The program wouldn’t run at all. It was listed in MSConfig in Startup list.
After trying several times I completely uninstalled it, cleared all entries in the register, rebooted etc. and then tried to reinstall it. It installed OK but
just won’t run after clicking on it. I have a feeling it is running after startup but there is no visible icon in the task bar and I can’t access it.

Can anyone please help as e-mails to Slysoft are not getting any replies.
Thanks in advance for any help.

@ fldavies,

Suggest viewing the below Forum posting and in particular note Forum members alex thyl #4 comments.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=139719

Best Regards,
bjkg

Thanks for your response. I did all that was suggested in that reply and re-installed it but it still won’t run after clicking on the icon. Or, if it is running it is not visible.

@ fldavies,

Sorry to hear that the information provide did not correct the problem.

Hopefully someone from the SlySoft Staff will see the posting and will be able to provide assistance.

Best Regards,
bjkg

@ fldavies,

Perhaps this Forum posting by Forum member The Black Wizard might help.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1015330&postcount=7

Best Regards,
bjkg

I downloaded and ran the registry cleaner and re-installed AnyDVD but unfortunately it’s still the same and won’t run. I have given up on this and I am now using DVD43 which works well.
I appreciate your help and thanks a lot.

I have been advised from Slysoft that the problem is caused by a running process which Windows is supposed to shut down when AnyDVD is loaded. Do the following - Open task manager (ctrl/alt/del) open the processes section and delete RegCheck.exe which is preventing AnyDVD from running. It worked OK but I have to do this everytime I load AnyDVD. This may help somebody with similar problems.

@ fldavies,

Thank you for providing this information. Knowing this bit of information might prove to be helpful for Forum members.

Best Regards,
bjkg