Problem with AnyDVD & DVD Region-Free

I am using Windows 98 SE and when I install AnyDVD (any version) it works great for copying DVDs but it totally messes my drives up for audio CDs and some copy protected games. The CD is not recognized and I get the No CD error on some but not all games, When I put an audio CD in only the first track is seen. As soon as I uninstall AnyDVD it is all back to normal.

I read on this forum that DVD Region-Free will work the same as AnyDVD so I gave it a try. I installed version 3.20 and started it then tried to copy a DVD using CloneDVD and DVD2one. Both give me the CSS error.

My Drives:

Sony DRU-500a 2.0g fw
Toshiba SD-M1612

Originally posted by TheOne_66
[B]I am using Windows 98 SE and when I install AnyDVD (any version) it works great for copying DVDs but it totally messes my drives up for audio CDs and some copy protected games. The CD is not recognized and I get the No CD error on some but not all games, When I put an audio CD in only the first track is seen. As soon as I uninstall AnyDVD it is all back to normal.

I read on this forum that DVD Region-Free will work the same as AnyDVD so I gave it a try. I installed version 3.20 and started it then tried to copy a DVD using CloneDVD and DVD2one. Both give me the CSS error.

My Drives:

Sony DRU-500a 2.0g fw
Toshiba SD-M1612 [/B]

While AnyDVD works like a device driver DVD Region-Free is just an application that hooks some OS requests and passes them through the application. This means that you will need to have DVD Region-Free running (and enabled for your drive) before starting apps like DVD2One for CSS decoding to work correctly. You can actually setup DVD Region-Free to automatically startup when starting other apps.

Hope this helps.

What version of AnyDVD did you use? Have you tried the new one?

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD3004.exe

Version 3.0.0.1 works but I have to close it to run some games for example Morrowind. version 3.0.0.4 causes Morrowind to freeze when loading the map even when it is disabled.