Problem with a specific disk

vbimport

UPDATED below.

Hi:

I have recently purchased DVD2one and love it. I have been very successful with many titles. I am having a problem with one title, though.

Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan. I have searched on this title and have seen some problems with PAL versions, but I am using a region 1 NTSC version. I burnt it using the same procedure I have used with all other titles, but it simply does not play. I get a disc error. I tried a completely new decryption and media–same result. It will not play on my home DVD, nor the DVD I burnt it with (files can be opened. I can click on the VBO files and they will play).

However, it will play with the infoedit dvd player. Since I am new at troubleshooting this type of thing, what are some suggestions?

Thank-you.

Try using a different burning program, I’ve found that if I ever have an awkward title that’s proving difficult, I fall back to using Record Now 4.50 & compile the DVDR as a Data Job, ensuring both AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS are loaded, also try using a different READER i.e. your DVD burner (A05 in my case) as sometimes when ripping with DVD Decrypter, my DVD ROM encounters a bad sector etc, it will stop reading at that point & leave a corrupt VIDEO_TS folder, while the A05 though slower at ripping, will usually do the job 100% error free.

Originally posted by dpic

However, it will play with the infoedit dvd player. Since I am new at troubleshooting this type of thing, what are some suggestions?

IFOedit can be misleading sometimes when previewing. Try viewing it with PowerDVD or WinDVD to see if you get good playback. If you do, it’s either your burning software/method or media. I assume it’s not your player as you mentioned, you did a few successful titles before. Who knows, maybe it’s your original DVD that causing you problems. A scratch or smudge can make a big difference.

Thank you very much for responding.

Tony92, I also use the A05, and it’s a great DVD burner. That’s why this is so baffling. All my other DVD’s have played great. So, I’ll work on a different burning program.

2Cool–I have WinDVD and it will not play it. I’ll try a different source disk, though. You are correct, you just never know…

Thanks again for the suggestions.

I updated to DVD2one 1.11 and transcoded the same Star Trek II vob files I used with the failed disks. The disk made with 1.11 transcoded files worked fine. I know it’s odd, but something with my setup and that particular disk could not be transcoded properly with 1.02.

Just another example of how 1.11 is a fine upgrade. Thanks, gentlemen.