Problem with a liteon 52327S

Hello,
I have now my liteon drive for six months. I have installed WinXP and Win98 on my computer. Before, I could burn cds with Win98 but not with WinXP. I’ve reformated my computer a week ago, and then I can’t burn cds even under Win98.
Every time, i got a “Communication failure” message.
How can I solve this ?

When formating a HDD you “delete” drivers for your chipset, ASPI and a lot of others.
Pay a visit to your “device manager”, check if there are some drivers missing, this goes for Win98…:wink:

Report back with info on; chipset, ASPI-layer, burning programs running, aso.

BTW, why are you mixing Win98 with WinXP… :confused:

I’m mixing WinXP and 98 because I need both of them : my main OS is XP, and I need 98 for my scanner and a walkman whose only work under win 98.

For my burnings, I use Nero but I also tried Clone-CD and Alcohol 120%. They all fail during the burning process.
My ASPI is the version 4.60 and my chipset VIA Apollo KT266A on a ASRock K7VT2 motherboard with 256mb RAm.

Originally posted by SuperBeber
[B]I’m mixing WinXP and 98 because I need both of them : my main OS is XP, and I need 98 for my scanner and a walkman whose only work under win 98.

For my burnings, I use Nero but I also tried Clone-CD and Alcohol 120%. They all fail during the burning process.
My ASPI is the version 4.60 and my chipset VIA Apollo KT266A on a ASRock K7VT2 motherboard with 256mb RAm. [/B]

I used to mix XP and 98 for different reasons (nowadays, I just run 98 on a virtual machine using Virual PC, but that’s beside the point)… if you do mix OSes, my recommendation is to put them on different partitions. Install 98 on the primary C partition, XP on the extended partition. And if you install 98 before XP, then when XP installs, the install will automatically be configured for a dual-boot using NTLDR as the selector. I used this setup, and it never gave me any conflicts, because in this setup, as far as 98 knows, XP doesn’t exist, and as far as XP knows, 98 doesn’t exist…

Yeah, I know. I’ve installed XP and 98 on differents partitions and they don’t make any conflicts. But It’s not the problem.