Problem with a Jumperless LiteOn drive

vbimport

Hello
I have a LiteOn drive (Slimtype DVDRW SOSW-833S)
Wrongly changed the jumper setting from master to slave or from slave to master using the tool (E2MS_WIN_SOSW-833S, Windows version),
now the drive doesn’t appear in bios, I can’t boot from it and Windows doesn’t identify it as a DVD drive,
When I open the tool (E2MS_WIN_SOSW-833S) again, It doesn’t run and display a message that there are no ATAPI drive
I tried the tool (slim_master-slave_dos, Dos verison) from real dos by the command (DE2MS.exe \ss) and I found the drive, but its name written in many symbols not as its usual name,
then I tried the command (DE2MS.exe \ss \sms and DE2MS.exe \ss \ssl, etc.), but an error occurred with a message stating the there was no match in drive name or type (I guess).
I used the tool (XSF-1.53) with a .bin file which I extracted before the problem, but a message appeared that the tool can’t enter flash mode.
Is there any method or tool I can use to fix this problem.
Thanks.

Does your motherboard have a jumper for the CMOS that returns it to factory default?

You may want to try this first.
My other suggestion is to change the cable position . For example the master connection of the cable is plugged into your drive which is now slave or vice versa.

If changing the cable position allows the drive to be detected you can then set it as you want & move the cable back.

Does your motherboard have a jumper for the CMOS that returns it to factory default?

There is no jumper to reset the CMOS.

My other suggestion is to change the cable position

I have an acer laptop, so there is no cable.

Anyway, Thanks for your suggestions

You could either try to attach your drive to a desktop PC using a slimline IDE adapter or you might try to find someone with an older Toshiba laptop. Switching back the IDE mode might work there.

Your problem is likely to be your hard drive and your LiteOn are using the same IDE mode (master or slave) - this cannot work if both drives are attached to the same controller.

Your problem is likely to be your hard drive

I previously tried this, but the drive doesn’t appear in bios although I removed the hard disk

I’ll try by another pc
thanks