Problem with a 3520 and cd/dvd speed test

vbimport

After updating to 1.UC I decided to see what kid of quality I was getting. I updated to the laest version of cd/dvd speed, 3.80. My problem is that when I try the quality test with my 3520 I get an error saying “test cannot initialize”. I can run the test with my Lite-On dvd-rom. I even tried flashing back to 1.UB with the same results. I did a couple of searches here but came up empty on a cause. TIA for any suggestions.

Hmmm. Don’t know but sounds like a Nero thing. Did you roll back your ATA/ATAPI drivers to Standard Microsoft drivers before flashing the FW and restart your computer afterwards? Does Nero info tool see your drive as properly installed with DMA on?? Sorry coudn’t offer more help but it’s way late and well past bed time. :wink:

Did you roll back your ATA/ATAPI drivers to Standard Microsoft drivers before flashing the FW and restart your computer afterwards? Does Nero info tool see your drive as properly installed with DMA on??
I flashed with the standard Nforce ATA driver, always worked before. I looked in Nero Info, it sees the drive fine but where does it state DMA info? It is enabled in the XP Hardware applet. And yes , did a reboot after the flash.

When i updated Nero a few days ago the computer crashed (klik-off) every time i tried to burn a disc. I had to uninstall Nero and reinstall the latest version.

It’s worth a try, I will update to lates version of Nero and see what happens. I am only at 6.3

Update of Nero did the trick. Thanks for the suggestion. It is working now.