Problem with 32123S @ 40125S

I have flashed my 32123S with XSU1 and now it’s a 40125S (no problem).

I try to burn some CDR , but it is unreadible (maybe the CD is bad quality)

I have backupped 32123S XS0X with mtkflash and now I flashed my “new” burner 40125S ----->>> 32123S, but…green light is always ON and the burner is dead…

May i know where to d/l the 32123S firmware(bin format) , does somebody succesful backup it ?

Thank you

You can also install the 40x firmware again and burn the media you use at 32x only…then you have at least P-CAV.

If you really want to go back to 32x, get it here.

Originally posted by mekoo
[B]I have flashed my 32123S with XSU1 and now it’s a 40125S (no problem).

I try to burn some CDR , but it is unreadible (maybe the CD is bad quality)

I have backupped 32123S XS0X with mtkflash and now I flashed my “new” burner 40125S ----->>> 32123S, but…green light is always ON and the burner is dead…

May i know where to d/l the 32123S firmware(bin format) , does somebody succesful backup it ? can i have it via my email add -melvinlee@hotmail.com.

Thank you [/B]

I Had a Same problem. It would not read what it had recorded. All the files were there but it couldn’t read the whole content. So I went back to the old firmware and it seems to be okay now except the high pitch noise !

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]You can also install the 40x firmware again and burn the media you use at 32x only…then you have at least P-CAV.[B]

The problem with this is that the drive spins @ 48x for disk reads. The solution is simple… Run Nero DriveSpeed & limit the max read speed to 40x. If you then burn @ 32x max, you’ll be within the speed limits of the original FW. That will stop the high pitched motor/disk whine & PUH seek noise. The benefits, as pointed out, are PCAV burning & Mt. Rainier support.

BTW I’ve had an LTR-32123S (Jan 2002) flashed to XSU1 & operating in this manner for a while & performance appears good. The peculiarity, though, is that PCAV performance is very good @ 40x burn speed (Mitsui Gold 80min 40x).

My drive doesn’t sound healthy when I burn at 40x. A high pitched sound, and it doesn’t sound good :slight_smile: Guess I’ll be burning at 32x instead, but the P-Cav is a welcome addition.

My drive is manufactured in Jan 2002 btw.

I have runned my Lite-on 24103s as a 32123s for some time now without any problem :bigsmile:

but last night I tried the 32123S @ 40125S, everything did go well (flash, findding the drive in Nero, CDRwin, Clonecd),
but when I got around 53% of my first burn with 40x speed it just locked my PC and the drive keept spinning like crazy :eek:

Now I had 2 reboot my PC (reset), went into windows now my burner is working just like a normal CD-rom drive (still found as a burner)
but I can’t burn anything (says there ain’t any media in the drive)

the I flashed back 2 the original firmware (24103s), but it’s still only working like a normal cd-rom drive

Is there a laser for reading and one for writing in the Lite-on burner, and is my write laser defect now ???
(still warrenty on the drive)

PS. damn nice work people do in here :slight_smile:

I flashed my liteon 32s with the new firmware. No joy, the nero speed write test starts at 19x and ends at 8x (Z-CLV) no CAV. Before the flash nero speed starts at 19X and stable at 22X.

Did I do something wrong with the nero speed or just using a crappy media? I am going to look for Datalifeplus this weekend and try again.

BTW my cdrw is dated Jun 2002.

EDIT: Dooh, I forgot to change the ide access to DMA. It works fine now. Thanks alot cd freaks.