Problem with 1620 In an external enclosure

Hello
I bought an external enclosure with a PL- 3507 chip that i flashed with the last firmware( PL3507-112805B.hex) associated with a 1620 with last firmware and also with ew 162I one.But I can’t write and erasing data, the drive just read.When the software reaching the moment to fill the buffer of the drive that stop.When I use my dvd writer in ithe PC there is no problem.Thank’s for your interest :doh: :doh: :doh:

Nobody get this problem ? I continue to read a lot of post but i can’t understand why my
1620 don’t work in this enclosure with a PL-3507.I tried in different PC but it’s allways the same.Thank’s by advance for an answer .Sorry for my poor english.

gasol15:

There might be some problems between your PC and the drive, ie the firewire card and/or enclosure. Please let us know:

• your system specs
  • what kind of firewire card
  • the media code of the disc using Nero CD-DVD Speed “Disc Info”
  • burst rate test using Nero CD-DVD Speed (how many MB/s).

I used the enclosure only in USB2 .My PC is on XP Home edition 2800+ Atlhon MSI K7N2 .L
512 MO Ram .In the PC the 1620 works great in the enclosure I can’t write or erase something.The case is equipped with a PL 3507 and also a Agere Fw 802B. There is not a problem with that ? Thank’s for the answer.