Problem when making SVCD out of .avi

Hi.

It’s my first visit here, so don’t be surprised, if I make some … OK, OK, a lot of mistakes.

First, I’m a newbie in SVCD matters, ok, I did convert some avis into … NVM, I’ll just describe the problem I have.

It’s this, I’m trying to convert a movie (.avi file) into a SVCD, and add subtitles to it.
I use d2sroba, avi2svcd and CCE SP v2.67.00.27, all goes well until CCE starts and tryes to work, then the error msg pops up in the dvd2scv log: “cannot load CCE project file”. After that, I get lost, and as a result no svcd gets created.
I read the guides on doom9, videohelp.com, a few from eMule, and I don’t get smarter, only more confused.
Can someone, PLEASE :confused: , point/kick me to the right place where I can find a guide to do what I want? I’m an occasional svcd-maker and I have little or no knowledge of scripting, programming and stuff.
I would appreciate if someone would explain me how to make a svcd with subtitles, as I only made 4 svcd’s till now (using “Gary’s AVI to SVCD 3-step foolproof Guide”, but subtitles are not talked about in that Guide). I need the subtitles, since I am Slovene and most of my friends don’t speak more that two foreign languages (English or German).

LP
osti
Slovenia

Are you using the latest version of EclCCE (1.81)? I’ll assume you didn’t drop $5000 USD just to make SVCDs with CCE SP and got the trial version. Anytime I see errors about loading or saving involving CCE, my first glance is in the direction of EclCCE since the CCE trial itself lacks save support.

have you tried using tmpegenc to make svcds, it costs like a fraction of the price (about $40), that is a simple and very fast method of making a svcd file.

Yes, I am using EclCCE 1.81. Does that mean I have no way of encoding SVCD’s using AVI2SVCD+CCE? I only got the program, cause I wanted to add subtitles to my SVCD’s. Is there any other way to do that? Even permanent subtitles would suffice.

LP
osti

I used tmpgenc on several occasions, and I did a fair job out of them. As I said I have no clue how to add subtitles to SVCD using tmpgenc.

LP
osti

i dont think you can add subtitles with tmpegenc :sad:

Chickenman has some excellent tutorials regarding this. You can find them HERE.

:iagree:

I gather that :slight_smile: . THX anyway, If You have anny suggestions on this matter please share :wink: .

LP
osti

Yes, I was looking at them, and the CCE problem still persist, I’ll be away for the next two days, after that I’ll retry to make SVCD with subs using AVI2SVCD, and I’ll copy-paste the log, to show what happens.

LP
osti

Hi.

I managed to produce some SVCDs using Tmpegenc, and they came out fine. I now use Avi2SVCD, Tmpegenc 2.54 as encoder and I add permanent subtitles. I t worked on smaller movies (2:35 minute ones).

If anyone knows how to make SVCDs, without the need to use Permanent Subtitles option, he is welcomed to share :wink: .

Lp
osti