Problem w/ Roxio Burner

The program was working fine on my desktop computer for awhile and then one day it just stopped. When I try to burn a cd through creator classic it writes the table of contents and just freezes for about twenty minutes until it ejects the cd notifying me with this error:

e80041930 trackwriter error - wait failed [t7123]

I thought it may be my desktop or even the software so I bought an entirely new program and installed it on my new laptop and it does the exact same thing! Roxio suggested I do a firmware update but when I go to pioneer support help the update page isn’t there anymore. If it helps the burner is a dvr-k16d. The other odd thing is I can burn cd’s through itunes and windows media player but I like roxio cuz I can fade the songs into each other.

Someone please help me!!!

NOt much at TDB for the drive as far as firmware goes either…

http://tdb.rpc1.org/#DVRK16D

Have you tried uninstalling Roxio and reinstalling it?

I had the same problem, and my computer guy said I should uninstall Roxio and go with Nero. Now, I would like to know how to reverse the Roxio uninstall and try it again, thanx, anserman38

Your computer guy should have told you to back up your Roxio software keys before you removed it from your PC…did you use a registry cleaner after removing Roxio?

I know this is a 2007 string, but I have the same issue and did not see that a resolution was ever reached.

I receive the following error in Roxio Error Code E80041930: Trackwriter Error

I know my DVD burner works, because I can burn music and data files with no problem.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Roxio software. I’m running it on XP.

Any ideas?
Thanks

[quote=ChiTown-08;2056313]I know this is a 2007 string, but I have the same issue and did not see that a resolution was ever reached.

I receive the following error in Roxio Error Code E80041930: Trackwriter Error

I know my DVD burner works, because I can burn music and data files with no problem.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Roxio software. I’m running it on XP.

Any ideas?
Thanks[/quote]

It is a possiblity that there could be a software driver conflict. Do you have any other burning apps installed? Some of these programs use Patin_Couffin driver and I know on my system I had multiple installs of it in the past that caused some issues.