Problem w/liteon sohw-1613s

just bought the drive, burned movie and when i try to play the movie in standalone player it jerks and jumps.
burned using dvd+r disk that came with drive, is that the problem
also should i flash the drive with the 1633s.bsok.patched-cf file that i dled from codeguys site
any tips would be appreciated as i am completely new to burning dvds and all the different formats and all

get the patched.CS02 from codeguys’ site. it will upgrade your drive to a 1653S. maybe this helps.

OK, I have a Lite-On DVDRW SOHW 1613S and it seems that there is a driver problem. My DVDRW is not showing in the list of drives in My Computer. This is what it shows in the properties … “Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39).”

I have tried reloading the drivers I can find on the net as well as getting the drivers suggested in this thread and I get a message that there is no matching device found. The drive works because I can run Hiren’s boot CD and the windows installation disk at PC boot. Any ideas as to the issue?

Try uninstalling your IDE channels from device manager, reboot your machine and let windows reinstall them.

Have you checked with Microsoft to see what “Code 39” is?

Try removing the filters as linked in my sig.

The filters thing worked. Thank you very much for that help.