Problem w/ getting updates for DVDFab

Hello All,

Newbie here! Glad to be a part of the CD Freaks community. I am in no way a computer professional or technical guru, thus, my remedial skills in working with programs is hindering me from getting this issue resolved.

I hope I am not out of line by asking for technical help with my firewall settings in this forum, but here goes…

I am having trouble with arranging my firewall settings (Zone Alarm Pro) to allow me to receive the automatic updates from Fengtao for my DVD Fab software. Does anyone know the “fully qualified host name” that I can enter in the Host/Name field in the “trusted sites” zone??? Also, does anyone have the offical IP address from where the updates originate??? Any help on this subject is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Alan…

[quote=rack85;2117209]Hello All,

Newbie here! Glad to be a part of the CD Freaks community. I am in no way a computer professional or technical guru, thus, my remedial skills in working with programs is hindering me from getting this issue resolved.

I hope I am not out of line by asking for technical help with my firewall settings in this forum, but here goes…

I am having trouble with arranging my firewall settings (Zone Alarm Pro) to allow me to receive the automatic updates from Fengtao for my DVD Fab software. Does anyone know the “fully qualified host name” that I can enter in the Host/Name field in the “trusted sites” zone??? Also, does anyone have the offical IP address from where the updates originate??? Any help on this subject is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Alan…[/quote]
I have zone alarm security suite and have no problems. The automatic updates worked when I had it checked but I have it unchecked as I always on this forum and the updates are posted here all the time. If you want it in your trusted why don’t you turn on the auto learn again and run dvdfab. Auto learn is on for 21 days and their will be another update by then.