Problem using 2nd DVD Burner (Pioneer DVR-115)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-115. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi, all! been using DVD Fab Platinum for a long time, but have encountered a problem with a new, home-built computer…have a MSI P6N Platinum m/b, and 2 DVD Drives…one of the drives reads and write from DVD Fab, but the other one just reads…every time I try to write, it just says burn error in the log and spits out the DVD about 10 seconds after writing starts…no code or anything…I apologize in advance if this was covered in another thread–I couldn’t find it.

the non burning drive is your 115?

Yes, sorry, I should have said that. That is correct, the non-burning drive is the 115…however, any other drive (Sony, Philipps, etc.) I’ve put in that spot does the same thing–and they all work in other computers. I don’t know if it matters, but the DVD Drives are marked “D” (the one that isn’t working) and “E”.

any other drive (Sony, Philipps, etc.) I’ve put in that spot

meaning physically replacing the drives or selecting different targets?

please post your dvdfab logs.

my documents\ dvdfab\ log

[QUOTE=n28;2118981]Yes, sorry, I should have said that. That is correct, the non-burning drive is the 115…however, any other drive (Sony, Philipps, etc.) I’ve put in that spot does the same thing–and they all work in other computers. I don’t know if it matters, but the DVD Drives are marked “D” (the one that isn’t working) and “E”.[/QUOTE]

if you have this issue with other drives that you put in that spot and they all work ok in other computers, maybe you should check the cable connections or replace them

Yes, I have already replaced the cable with a brand new one, as well as trying several others I know to work in other computers. And yes, I mean actually physically removing the drives and putting them into other computers. I originally had the drives on one cable–master/slave, then put them on 2 separate cables going into 2 different ide slots on the m/b, both drives set to master.

Other things you may try are swapping which is slave/master, trying cable select mode, making the pioneer the D drive and swapping in and out that other Sony and Philips as the E drive.
Also may try burning small files to data cds and dvds just to see if anything at all will burn. Check for latest mb drivers and operating system patches if you havent.
Hope something helps, gl.

please install the 115D

then please uninstall your IDE Controller from Device Manager.

also be sure the drive is jumpered correctly, as pioneer 115d has slightly different jumper settings then other [non pioneer] drives. i use cable select.