Problem switching to PIO Sony AW-Q170A

Hi everyone, first of all i congratulate you for your work. Well, i have a Sony AW-Q170A (aka Optiarc AD-5170A) and I can’t read some dvds, so I tried flashing the device and i wasn’t able to do it due an “error submiting cheksum”. I read some more and the answer was to switch to PIO mode my dvd. I tried that from Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers > Secondary IDE Channel > Advanced Settings > Transfer Mode – Switch from “DMA if available” to “PIO only”. I accepted and tried again with the flashing but i did get the same “error submiting cheksum”. I don’t know what to do now, please if anyone can help me i’ll be very greateful.

Thanks in advance.
Kromos.

PS: Sorry for bad written words.

What exact update have you used?

I think that it doesn’t matter (and I dont remember right now :P), beacause the flashing process didn’t finish anyway, it stucks at the middle with “error submiting checksum”. So I think that the firmware i’m trying to use isn’t the problem because I read that the flashing error could be caused by UDMA4 mode instead of PIO mode, and I can’t switch from UDMA4 to PIO, that’s my problem :stuck_out_tongue:

Try flashing the drive in safe mode. I don’t understand why you would want pio instead of dma??? DMA is the correct setting.

[QUOTE=kromos;2290481][B]I think that it doesn’t matter[/B] (and I dont remember right now :P), beacause the flashing process didn’t finish anyway, it stucks at the middle with “error submiting checksum”. So I think that the firmware i’m trying to use isn’t the problem because I read that the flashing error could be caused by UDMA4 mode instead of PIO mode, and I can’t switch from UDMA4 to PIO, that’s my problem :P[/QUOTE]

It does matter, why do you think I asked for it?

[QUOTE=scotton;2290496]Try flashing the drive in safe mode. I don’t understand why you would want pio instead of dma??? DMA is the correct setting.[/QUOTE]

“Please note that flashing these drives will currently not work in UDMA 4 mode. Please use PIO mode instead. Not doing so may result in an “Error submitting checksum” error message.”

http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/Optiarc-AD-5170A/

[QUOTE=chef;2290588]It does matter, why do you think I asked for it?[/QUOTE]

Uh, sorry :o. I downloaded “Liggy’s AW-Q170A Bitsetting Firmware 1.74” and “Original Optiarc AD5170A firmware 1.14” and I’m still getting the same “error submitinh cheksum”.

This error message clearly indicates that your drive is still in UDMA mode. Unfortunately the only way to get around this bootcode bug is to switch the drive to PIO mode. What kind of controller is your drive attached to? (Intel, JMicron SI, ???)

[QUOTE=Liggy;2290924]This error message clearly indicates that your drive is still in UDMA mode. Unfortunately the only way to get around this bootcode bug is to switch the drive to PIO mode. What kind of controller is your drive attached to? (Intel, JMicron SI, ???)[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry for the ignorance but I don’t what do you mean with that :o. Do you know where can I see that :o?

Check the devicemanager for more info.