Problem setting Next PGC/Prev PGC

I have created a DVD from American Idol TV Show as follows:
<o>:p> </o>:p>

[ul]
[li]Record the 6 episodes to hard drive in DVD compliant MPEG using TV tuner etc.[/li][li]Using “VideoReDo TVSuite”, remove commercials and add chapter points at the beginning and end of each song.[/li][li]Author the 6 episodes into 1 DVD. The DVD has a root menu that allows you to select the episodes.[/li][/ul]
Once the episode start playing you can skip to a song by using remote’s next/previous button.
I import the DVD into DVDReMake Pro.

[ul]
[li]The DVD has 1 VTS and 6 PGC (and titles) along with VTS1 menu. ( and the usual Video Manager stuff).[/li][li]I duplicate each PGC, delete unwanted programs (chapters) in duplicated PGC so that PGCs have only songs left. Thus I have 6 PGC with full episode content and 6 more PGC with just the songs. (But DVD size has not increased. GREAT!!).[/li][li]I create 6 new titles ( title 7 to 12), add 6 new buttons on root menu and link the new titles to these new buttons. I also add post command to Program of these new PGCs to return to root menu.[/li][/ul]
Now I can select to watch either full episodes or just the songs by episode. Every thing works great!
Now I want to add 13th button to play all the songs from all episodes.
So I duplicate PGC 7 to 12 to create PGC 13 to 18. I want to set the “Next
PGC” of PGC 13 to 14, of PGC 14 to 15 and so on so I can skip to next songs over PGC boundary. (and similarly set the appropriate “PREV PGC” to skip
back).
This is where my problem comes:
I don’t have option in “PGC View/Extras tab/Program Chain Extra dialog” NextPGC to select PGC # of next PGC. For example, for PGC 13, I only see 13, for PGC 14 and so on. (same for Prev PGC). i.e. In the drop down selection box for PGC 13 I can not select 14 or 15 or 16 etc. (same for all other PGCs).
Any ideas why? Any help will be appreciated

I think I know what your problem is - in a one-sequential title (i.e. a title that has only 1 PGC), you can’t move from PGC to PGC (the only valid values for Next PGC are 0 and the PGC number itself). You need to execute a post command like Jump to title.

Regards

Or you can just create PGC13 and add all the needed programs for all the songs in all episodes. Then substitute each program from PGC 7-12. This way you have only one title and you can previous/next with ease. And the size will not increase as well.

[quote=blutach;2053043]I think I know what your problem is - in a one-sequential title (i.e. a title that has only 1 PGC), you can’t move from PGC to PGC (the only valid values for Next PGC are 0 and the PGC number itself). You need to execute a post command like Jump to title.

Regards[/quote]
Thanks for info.

I implemented your recommendation and it works like a charm!
Thanks.

This is sounding similar to some of what I’m trying to do…

Does duplicating the PGC’s affect the size of the DVD? (does it actually create new vob files int the VIDEO_TS folder, or does it just create pointers to areas on the existing ones?)

No, duplicating PGC’s does not increase the VOB size. Your situation is not really similar to the OP’s. You have only a single PGC (continuous movie); the OP has several PGC’s (different songs).

Continuing with my project (had to remaster my menus several times this week as I kept forgetting things).

To clarify this quote…If you duplicate a PGC, does the size of data on the DVD grow?

Does it duplicate the actual video files, or does it just do logical pointers to the original video files?

PGC --> Duplicate adds nothing to the size of the project - it just clones the PGC (by referring to the same cells as the original PGC does). Try it and see!

Regards

[quote=blutach;2076963]PGC --> Duplicate adds nothing to the size of the project - it just clones the PGC (by referring to the same cells as the original PGC does). Try it and see!

Regards[/quote]

Ok, so “Duplicate” doesn’t change the size, but a Copy (and then append) does? (trying to make a “Play All” button from 8 seperate VTS’s, while having buttons that play each chapter then return to menu).

Yes, copy and then append copied PGC increases size. To make a Play All function, it’s a bit laborious. You need to make a new PGC and then add a whole lotta blank programs, then [B]substitute [/B]each block for the relevant block in each title. Make sure the seamless flag is set where appropriate.

Note - there is other software which does this in one click.

Regards

@videobeagle, why didn’t you continue on the thread you started: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f112/can-play-options-custumized-thru-buttons-246245/ Makes discussion easier to keep track of.

I thought you have only 1 VTS, that’s what duplicating PGCs is for, at least for the Play All button. Now you’re saying you have 8 VTSs!?

[quote=toaddub;2078635]@videobeagle, why didn’t you continue on the thread you started: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f112/can-play-options-custumized-thru-buttons-246245/ Makes discussion easier to keep track of.

I thought you have only 1 VTS, that’s what duplicating PGCs is for, at least for the Play All button. Now you’re saying you have 8 VTSs!?[/quote]

I was hear because the duplicating question came out of this thread.

The main areas of the DVD is one VTS. I have another unrelated section of Easter Eggs which are multiple VTS’s. Really, this part can be considered a whole separate project.

[quote=videobeagle;2078817]I was hear because the duplicating question came out of this thread.

The main areas of the DVD is one VTS. I have another unrelated section of Easter Eggs which are multiple VTS’s. Really, this part can be considered a whole separate project.[/quote]

And I’ve figured out how to get it to do what I want…using the VTS with the appended PGCs…I duplicated that PGC multiple times to re make the individual films. then delete the VTS’s that have the original individual files.

A bit of a pain, but I’ll know better how to plan for this next time.

Glad to see you’v got it figured out anyway.

Regards